wheels and shocks from which Yamaha?

budgie955

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I have just acquired an XS flat tracker project with some nice 3 spoke wheels, matching shocks, box section swinging arm, air forks and twin piston brake calipers, but can anyone identify what bike these parts are off please?

thanks

Dave

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    242.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    244.7 KB · Views: 133
The swingarm may be from a Radian. That's the most common square tube swingarm swap. Don't know about the rest of the stuff. You could Google "Yamaha Radian" and study the pics, maybe the rest of the stuff came from that bike as well. That model may have had a different name in your country.

Something else you're going to have to look into is sprocket size. The stock 650 size was 34T here, maybe 33T where you are. This is a pretty small sprocket compared to most other bikes which means a small diameter. The mounting bolt hole circle was also quite small. The question is will a smaller diameter sprocket like this fit on that wheel with it's larger diameter bolt hole circle. I can provide you with a bottom-of-tooth to bottom-of-tooth diameter for the 650 sprocket if you need it.

I was looking at this on ebay, wondering what the wheels were off, have you taken the engine apart to see what it's like inside, I was wondering if it had anything else done to it, as in a big bore kit to go with the carbs,

That is a Radian swingarm. Those are not Radian wheels on either end. The front wheel looks like a 16 inch. That became popular in early 80's

i am guessing the wheels and forks are from the same bike, wheel pics attached

thanks

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    238.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 75
Back