When will the xs650 hardtail fad end

The fad will go away when the bikes get to expensive to chop. Next it'll be the CBs. Personally...I'm not a fan of anything stock. I mod everything. With the xs, if you can get one for free or really cheap you can chop for a reasonable price and make it look a whole lot better than stock, and if you're not into cafe racers chopping is the way to go.

Bring on the chops. hardtails, bratstyle bring em on.

well I am gonna build my own dropped seat rigid with a dropped spine and more stretch and rake than should be allowed by law ( probably IS more than the law allows.) and just for $#!T$ and giggles: a fat-ish tire... but only a 180 at most.

Are you going to use one of Gary's wide tire kits? It means you wont have to use a jack shaft or offset the motor.:thumbsup:
here is the link.
http://www.xs650widetire.webs.com/

yea his kit would be cool if he returned emails :shrug:

He has got a busy schedule like me so if you are serious just put a priority on the e-mail or just phone him, he is probably in Nevada or some where. If you need it right away i can send you my kit. I can get another off of Gary later.

BTW I left him a message on his phone, let him know you are looking. He ussually picks up but he must be psycho busy!

I decided to go ahead and have a friend make up a jackshaft and im going to run that with right side drive!

I'd park it in my heated garage and never, ever ride it..right next to my 1984 Cadillac Cimarron. It has the rare 2.0, 5 speed and only 7 miles on it! I'm gonna be rich one day when these babies become collectors pieces! Because all old things that nobody uses are worth money. And money is way better than riding or driving the stuff I own.:D

There's a cardinal rule about improvements. They shouldn't make the improved thing worth less :)

Gordon, you on XL forum?? That beull looks familiar...

Good candidate for a chop!
"Chop"!!! Blasphemy! O you’ll smoke a turd in hell for that one :smoke: :devil: No I'm not on the XL forum but probably should be if I'm going to ride American iron and want to keep it running :laugh:

Back