Where do you all get replacement tubing for your carbs?

blackbetty

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
I'm looking for some new transparent tubing for a carb rebuild.

Anyone know where to get this and what sizes I'll need? I see some carbs have cool yellow or blue tubing.

Thanks!

Are you talking about fuel line? Here are some pretty rad colors: Helix Fuel Line

fl.jpg

Just got some clear from NAPA put it on some BS38s, had a gas leak. The tubing had a crack in it from the factory. :doh: :banghead:

I got some tubing from Advanced Auto. It's clear, 1/4ID 3/8OD and is a pretty crappy. At cool engine temps it is really good and tight. But once you run the engine a while it gets loose. It started to leak around the filter, even with a clamp, about 10 mins into riding. 20 minutes it was running out around all the connections (filter, petcock, ect) and, like I said, even being clamped. Let it cool down and it's fine.

I have been using the Advance Auto 1/4" clear, but have fortunately never had a leak. The spring clamps are a pain, though, because the ones that fit the hose when it's off never seem to want to go over the petcock or microfilter barbs without a fuss. From my brass tee to the carb is 5/16" braided because I don;t have BS38s any more... now running a single Mikuni VM 36.

Thanks for the Helix link!

TC

Seems like no matter what configuration I use, those stupid spring clamps never want to cooperate! They're either too tight or too loose.

Awesome site thanks for the replies!

Also, does anyone know the sizes off hand (fuel inlet, vent tubes, and tube between the float bowls)

Here's a pic:

5613609284_a681c450fc.jpg

Last edited:
Back