Where to buy: swingarm shims and '80 shock bolts

cmills83

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Im having a difficult time finding the shims that go inbetween the swingarm and the end caps and also shock bolts that fit the '80 special frame. Does anyone know where to buy these? I tried mikexs but no luck, ebay had the lower shock bolts but they were $30, seems a little high. Thanks

Post a wanted ad in the classifieds here you should be able to find both parts those shims are very thin and sometimes aren't needed at all. The shims are just to make the end of the hardened shaft slightly above flush with the ends of the bushings. they are not designed to make up space between the the caps and the frame bosses. I have had to shim that space with washers because I did not like how much I would have had to squeeze the frame together with the swing arm bolt if I didn't.

You probably won't need the shims if you're doing bronze bushings, unless you're already seen that you need them.

The lower shock bolts are available through dealers for $3 each. If there's no dealer close to you, babbittsonline.com is one that does mail order.

Back