Where to buy this BS38 O-Ring?

cmyoch

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
I need a pair of o-rings for the needle jet tubes for my '78 BS38's. The tubes are loose and I realized that the o-rings that hold them in are shot. The fell apart as I tried to remove them.

Any source out there for these where I do not have to purchase an entire rebuild kit just for a rubber o-ring? Also, what size am I looking for? Any help would be much appreciated!

The size is 1mm thick x 4mm I.D. MikesXS sells them I think, or you can get a 25 pack from McMaster-Carr for about $3. I think DogBunny on the forum here sells them if all you want/need is two. Try sending him a P.M.

Are you sure its too thick? When I replaced mine I got from mikesxs, they seemed too big, also, it took a bit of effort. once its in there, its in there for another 40 years.

in the bs 38 cv's, there is a brass tube with holes in it. The needle sits in the tube. take off the top of the carb, take out the diaphragm, with plunger with it, take off the fuel bowl, and the brass tube will wiggle out. if the ring is good, the tube will be difficult to pull out. If the oring is bad, the tube practically falls out.

Back