Which pod filters for BS38's?

prodgod

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking for some pod filters for my 77 XS650 engine with BS38 carbs. I'd like to find an affordable pair that is as thin as possible, but the diameter doesn't matter. It'd be great if there was a low profile oval filter that connects to both carbs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike

Are there any performance differences between the pod filters like the ones on Mikesxs and the UNI's? The filters like the ones on Mikesxs would fit better because they aren't very deep, the shortest UNI's I found were 4" deep.

Have you had any problems with these filters? They seem to match the criteria I am looking for in the filters.

I believe the shortest is 4" on the UNI for those carbs. Foam filters have superior filtration and require less maintenance but if they don't fit I'd just grab a couple of the ones gj linked.

There are some slightly shorter UNI pods available. Roll about 3/4 of the way down the page to their Chrome Pod Kits. You would want part #PK-82 for your BS38s as your intake bell O.D. is about 2" .....

http://www.unifilter.com/online catalog/universal.html

The K&N style (pleated gauze) filter can be more difficult to tune for on a CV carb.

Back