Who's your Yammy?

JayR

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Saw this Yamaha on the highway. Side cover emblem says 305. It's a Twin.

Yamaha 305?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 167
I had the scrambler version,with upswept exhaust, called 1967 ym2c Big Bear. I thorougly enjoyed the bike. Great style, and quite fast for a 305. It used oil injection, that varied the amount of oil, according to the throttle position.

The picture is an example...............not my exact bike, but its the same model.

Attachments

• 1967 305 Scrambler YM2C.jpg
    1967 305 Scrambler YM2C.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 135
If anyone has an old YD3 I need a motor in a bad way. Mine was my dads when he was stationed in Japan.

I had the scrambler version,with upswept exhaust, called 1967 ym2c Big Bear. I thorougly enjoyed the bike. Great style, and quite fast for a 305. It used oil injection, that varied the amount of oil, according to the throttle position.

The picture is an example...............not my exact bike, but its the same model.

Very cool nice looking little bike. I bet it was fun to ride.

If anyone has an old YD3 I need a motor in a bad way. Mine was my dads when he was stationed in Japan.

Wish I could help. The guy was heading North on the Merritt Parkway in CT and the engine looked Great!

I got my first exhaust leg burn on a 305 Big Bear.
Chasing jackrabbits. . . in a field. . . at night.
Managed to keep it hid from the folks till it was almost healed.

They're neat. Guy down the road has one I believe. Was talking about wanting to get rid of it cuz it was tired. I talked him into keeping it and rebuilding it. Last I heard he did, right on down to new paint. Haven't seen it yet, but can't wait to drag him off to a bike run, bound to get a lot of attention on it, its sure to be the only one, and the sound is distinct.

Irony abounds! I just picked up one of these a couple weeks ago. Worry not! Unlike my usual efforts, I will not chop this one up. My plan is to restore it this winter.

Back