window shopping on ebay....saw alloy tanks /seats /side covers......expensive,,,,

oldbiker

oldbiker
Reaction score
hi guys over the weekend i was window shopping on ebay and i punched up xs650... and a guy that has a business makes alloy manx tanks /side covers and a alloy cafe seat plus you can buy the coloured padding mounted on the alloy cafe seat thing he makes ,,,, i looked at a manx that was scolptured with the alloy cafe set up and side covers ,,, i would have wanted my tank similar to my 1976 tank if possible with the twin petcocks .... the tanks were all pressure tested but not by much pressure ,,, i think it was about 5-7psi and everything was polished ..god my xs650 would have looked absolutely sweet if i went ahead and goy it all ... i hope you are all sitting down about 1200-1300 dollars .... great if you can get the work ... i think he was about the only guy on there that manufactured all the stuff himself .. regards oldbiker

hi guys over the weekend i was window shopping on ebay and i punched up xs650... and a guy that has a business makes alloy manx tanks /side covers and a alloy cafe seat plus you can buy the coloured padding mounted on the alloy cafe seat thing he makes ,,,, i looked at a manx that was scolptured with the alloy cafe set up and side covers ,,, i would have wanted my tank similar to my 1976 tank if possible with the twin petcocks .... the tanks were all pressure tested but not by much pressure ,,, i think it was about 5-7psi and everything was polished ..god my xs650 would have looked absolutely sweet if i went ahead and goy it all ... i hope you are all sitting down about 1200-1300 dollars .... great if you can get the work ... i think he was about the only guy on there that manufactured all the stuff himself .. regards oldbiker
...................guys have any body seen this guy on ebay ,,and what do you think ,,,is he expensive??? oldbiker

got a link or ebay no?

Australia?

I know a guy in Queensland who make SS mufflers and headers and some tanks for old and custom bikes. Xy but the quality is amazing so quality/price/SS = longativity and cheep in the long run.

got a link or ebay no?
....................sorry no all i did was look up ebay .com.au and put in xs650i think i looked up down the bottom of the page where they usually have extra searches local or overseas .. hope it helps regards oldbiker

....................sorry no all i did was look up ebay .com.au and put in xs650i think i looked up down the bottom of the page where they usually have extra searches local or overseas .. hope it helps regards oldbiker
...........................hi guys well this morning i found the dealer selling alloy tanks,, alloy cafe seat set ups,,,and maybe alloy side covers... look him up on ebay .com usa,,,,,,,,singh saddleries[333] 97.9feedback ,,which i don,t usually deal with,,, ,,,any way its well worth a look see... west palm beach florida usa hope i,ve put enough info regards oldbiker

...........................hi guys well this morning i found the dealer selling alloy tanks,, alloy cafe seat set ups,,,and maybe alloy side covers... look him up on ebay .com usa,,,,,,,,singh saddleries[333] 97.9feedback ,,which i don,t usually deal with,,, ,,,any way its well worth a look see... west palm beach florida usa hope i,ve put enough info regards oldbiker
...........................hi guys well today in australia its sunday 1/12/13,,,,11.50am.... have any of you guys dealt with this guy ?? and why does the dealer lable the new alloy tanks as ... rebuilt or re-manufactured ??? but has anybody dealt with this guy ? regards oldbiker

been in touch with him.he said he used 14 guage alloy for all his work and quoted $850 for xs650 polished tank and upholsted seat with 2 weeks to build.waiting on reply on how they are bolted to the frame and also if he will make side covers and how much.intresting he also said to ring with any questions or leave a num and he would ring first reply was fast still waiting on 2nd which could be good as he might be doing his research first. also there is a british company selling alloy shocks with gas reservior...tecbike they are called and listed on usa ebay (xs650 alloy shocks) but not listed on aust ebay or their home page. evilbay price $146 +postage aust$$ but got in touch directly with oz distributer and he quoted $116 delived oz direct debit (no evilbay/paypal fees.i have bought from them before direct with other shocks with no trouble)

Back