Winter re-build finished. Thanks for all help.......all of you!!

BigBoreSwede

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hello.

Finally my 750-tracker is up running again. It has been really fun and a good way to mesure my novice skills in engine re-building and some other small stuff that keeps coming during a tear-down.

The bike looks just the same as before.....except the wire harness is a bit cleaner nowdays. Hope the oil filters will be a bit cleaner too:laugh: That´s the whole reason to the re-build...bad cam chain guide.

I,ve also swapped the handlebars to some genuine swedish speedway handlebars wich are "uneven". Funny feeling!!

I also decide to dismount one of the front caliper/rotor to save some weight. I guess one caliper from Nissin will do fine.....I mean, it´s not a space rocket after all.

So.......the consequence of all my work this winter is that a got my self a bike that´s freakin hard kicked that sound like......I don´t know. The police will go crazy, I guess:thumbsup: I´ll post a soundcheck later.

To all you guys who has shared your knowledge to me during this time:
A HUGE THANK YOU!!!!

For now/BigBoreSwede

Attachments

• FB139468.JPG
    FB139468.JPG
    274.2 KB · Views: 262
  • FB139479.JPG
    FB139479.JPG
    297.3 KB · Views: 258
Hello Swede,

Like your bike, looks great. Those uneven bars would be hard to use on the street. Now get out ther & start setting off those Volvo & Skoda car alarms....

Thanks!!

Most of the bike you see is a result from the PO........I can only say I´m very happy to be the one buying it one year ago.

The exhaust looks really nice, I agree....but at the same time I´m thinking of something else. I really like the looks of TT-pipes, side by side underneath the engine but since I run with spin-on sump filter I may have a problem there.

Since some of you liked the exhaust I send some more pics!

/BigBoreSwede

Attachments

• FB129204.JPG
    FB129204.JPG
    297 KB · Views: 137
  • FB129205.jpg
    FB129205.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 139
  • FB139466.JPG
    FB139466.JPG
    295.4 KB · Views: 169
Tires I´m running are Pirelli MT 60.

100/90-19" in front and 120/80-18" rear.
Kind of hard to say how the tyre peforme since I had bad swing arm bushes and a saggy front end last summer but I hear many off-road bikers do use these tyres, so I guess they are pretty good.

/BigBoreSwede

Back