Wiring a 2 wire kill switch on home made loom

xsPete

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
G'day,
I've staretd the wiring on my bike, so far I've got the head lights to go on and off with HI/Lo.

I got a kill switch direct from Hong Kong today with no description for the wires.
It has 2 wires, 1 Green & 1 Black & White. It's off or on, not momentary.

The diagram I have for simplified wiring has power from the key switch to a 7.5 amp fuse, then through to the pamco ignition & coils.

So with these do I run power into say, the black & white wire & power out the green wire or reverse.

I did a search and there's conflicting stories on running green to earth or not.

Tks Pete

xsPete,

The switch is not polarity sensitive so you can wire it either way. Not sure what you mean by grounding the green wire, but if you are referring to the PAMCO green wire, it goes to one of the coil terminals. Nothing else should be wired to that terminal. The switch is wired between your source of switched battery to the other coil terminal and to the red wire going to the PAMCO.

xsPete,

The switch is not polarity sensitive so you can wire it either way. Not sure what you mean by grounding the green wire, but if you are referring to the PAMCO green wire, it goes to one of the coil terminals. Nothing else should be wired to that terminal. The switch is wired between your source of switched battery to the other coil terminal and to the red wire going to the PAMCO.

Thanks Pamcopete,

I meant the green wire in the switch.
With the 2 wires in the switch do I run power into say the black/white wire of the switch and power out with the green wire of the switch to the coils and ignition.
I'm guessing it's in and out with a closed or open circuit and reversing the hookup would just reverse the switch so it's actually on when it reads off or vise versa.

Is this making sense?
I think I've got the green/ red wires for coils sorted. I PM'd you on that a while back as it's rephased with Monster coils and Pamco Ign kick only.

Tks,
Pete

XSpete,

If you only have two wires from the switch, then there would be continuity between those two wires when the switch is in the on position and no continuity when the switch is off. It doesn't matter which way you wire them.

XSpete,

If you only have two wires from the switch, then there would be continuity between those two wires when the switch is in the on position and no continuity when the switch is off. It doesn't matter which way you wire them.

Thanks again Pamcopete,

That's what I was thinking, not sure why they used different coloured wires though (just to confuse those who shit themselves about wiring) namely me.

I'd rather ask than use the hookup and melt method, much appreciated.

I'm sure I'll be asking plenty more as I step through the wiring circuit by circuit, better to ask and show your ignorance than burn parts out.

Pete

Back