Wiring up hughs cdi

alex f

Anything xs
Reaction score
so im going to make my connections tonight. Instructions are on point but i would like to see a basic wiring diagram to keep handy just for refrence. I found this. How does everybodys using this system feel about it?
All im doing now is trying to fire so lights / indicators are irrelevant.

Attachments

• IMG_1215.PNG
    IMG_1215.PNG
    163.6 KB · Views: 166
If it's the MOSFET regulator there isn't a black wire off it. It's self grounding to make sure there's clean steel. I ran a small wire off on of the mounting points to the engine just to ad additional re-assurance.

He's also got a relay in the system not account for in the pic.

Don't loose the white/green white/red flip sheet like I did...lol.

If it's the MOSFET regulator there isn't a black wire off it. It's self grounding to make sure there's clean steel. I ran a small wire off on of the mounting points to the engine just to ad additional re-assurance.

He's also got a relay in the system not account for in the pic.

Don't loose the white/green white/red flip sheet like I did...lol.
Yes i caught myself after i conected the pick up lol. Another question is where exactly do i plug my killswitch on?

He's got a few "options" included at the end of the instructions on Kill switches. I personally used the switched power option to relay as it conveniently aligned with me installing an M-Unit.

He's got a few "options" included at the end of the instructions on Kill switches. I personally used the switched power option to relay as it conveniently aligned with me installing an M-Unit.
My system wont be using the relay, which is why im a little confused as to where my switch will go.

The nice part of the Kill switch in Hugh's system is the wire deletes. In the plug coming off the box he states to remove the black doubled wire and the white wire (white normally runs to switched power). Depending on your build, if it were my shoes, I'd clamp a switch to the bar under the tank that the engine top mounts bolt to. Run the remaining black wire from the box to the switch and ground the other side of the switch out on the frame. You can find some switches on eBay as well which can be handlebar mounted. Same principle, run the black from the box and the other wire to ground.

The nice part of the Kill switch in Hugh's system is the wire deletes. In the plug coming off the box he states to remove the black doubled wire and the white wire (white normally runs to switched power). Depending on your build, if it were my shoes, I'd clamp a switch to the bar under the tank that the engine top mounts bolt to. Run the remaining black wire from the box to the switch and ground the other side of the switch out on the frame. You can find some switches on eBay as well which can be handlebar mounted. Same principle, run the black from the box and the other wire to ground.
Yep i actually did get it running yesterday for a little. Now onto carbs

Back