wont start with new carbs

Who are "they?" Please identify the vendor so others can avoid it; that kind of evasive response to your question raises a red flag, to say the least. If the needles and needle jets are real Mikuni parts, the numbers will be stamped on them. If not I'd advise you to replace them.

I really didn't want to say who they are because they are not only a good company to work with they are a local place for me but so far today they haven't responded. They happen to be the TC bros. I've done a lot of business with them but this is crazy. It upsets me because I have bought a lot of parts from them and have even done business face to face. They have been a lot of help and they advertise that they do the correct change on the carbs to run on a 4 cylinder but the fact that they won't tell me what's in it to determine where I'm starting at sucks.

To be fair, they can't exactly keep anything a secret, open up the carbs and part #'s will be stamped into the brass...

Right--there's no secret, proprietary, magic jetting for the old VM's. Open the carbs and look; if you can't do that, I don't know what to tell you. If you find no marks, you're looking at knockoff junk. If you find 159 Q-2 NJ's and 6DH4 needles, you're looking at the no-added-cost generics that come from the Mikuni factory. I strongly suspect you'll find exactly that. If you do, don't even try to make it work. Save yourself a lot of frustration and buy the right stuff.

i was just trying to avoid pulling them apart right now. Should have checked when i was in there a week ago but hind sight is 20/20.

No matter what the people at TC tell you, look for yourself. Now--do you suppose that the first instruction in my VM manual was to strip, flush, and inspect new carbs, just because I'm a butt who likes to get newbies to do a lot of unnecessary work? If you want it right you need to slow down and do it right.

No matter what the people at TC tell you, look for yourself. Now--do you suppose that the first instruction in my VM manual was to strip, flush, and inspect new carbs, just because I'm a butt who likes to get newbies to do a lot of unnecessary work? If you want it right you need to slow down and do it right.

Yes, for sure griz on the reading instructions. Where I used to work, my advice to others was, "when problems occur....................if all else fails, read the instructions".

It takes time and effort to read and understand instructions, from a guide or manual, yet that is exactly what leads to success.:bike:

Back