Would you do this to YOUR bike?

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
An all new 750 kit with a difference. Read the blurb below.

Wossner%20piston%20003.jpg

Wossner%20piston%20004.jpg

Wossner%20piston%20009.jpg

Coming soon at a favorite vender.

Piston/ ring/wrist pin package is 11 grams lighter than a stock 650. They are sized at 79.99mm, to allow for potential honing of existing cylinders. Reduced headland for more power and better emissions, allowed by a truly complimentary squish band. (A true 10.5:1 is achieved)( to be verified). Modern ring package has 1mm top and 1.2mm 2nd ring, with a 2mm 3 piece oil ring. Connecting rod is 145mm c-c, achieving a 1.96:1 rod/stroke ratio, moving the torque peak up in the power band, smoothing the short rod's explosive midrange, increasing traction and peak power. Small end is bushed with premium C630 aluminum bronze and has 10% more area. Big end bearing has 3.5mm rollers for less skating at high speed.

This a is a long rod conversion.
Current estimate of price is $800 for pistons, rods, and big end bearings.
Mike at 650 Central is waiting on the first production units. This is racing oriented, but street use is possible if you don't mind revvving to get to the power band, and can find gas that won't detonate with the 10.5/1 compression.
You will need to split the crank to install the rods and decide how to get to 80mm bore cylinders.

oh god....

I've been looking for another XS motor to turn into a fire breather this winter....

I do stock the superior Advanced sleeves, as well as the 80mm Wisecos for short rods, and plan to offer a fitted Big Fin cylinder as an option. As always, a variety of head and base gaskets to optimise squish clearance.

I do stock the superior Advanced sleeves, as well as the 80mm Wisecos for short rods, and plan to offer a fitted Big Fin cylinder as an option. As always, a variety of head and base gaskets to optimise squish clearance.

MMM! good to see you on here! The next project may have to go this route.

MMM-

Here's where you would come out on top: Sell the kit with sleeves or cylinders already bored to match the pistons and ready to install. This is the major downfall of other "kits". Other performance retailers will sell prople the proper piston and cylinders but they still need to be taken to the machine shop and matched. If this was already done I think you would really have nailed it. Just my 2 cents.

Certainly would if I had the money, though a bit more expensive to begin with, the crank work will put the price right up, but would like to try them

MMM-

Here's where you would come out on top: Sell the kit with sleeves or cylinders already bored to match the pistons and ready to install. This is the major downfall of other "kits". Other performance retailers will sell prople the proper piston and cylinders but they still need to be taken to the machine shop and matched. If this was already done I think you would really have nailed it. Just my 2 cents.

X2........

Patches, I may be wrong but I don't think having sleeves sized to the pistons for proper clearance, before the sleeves are installed in the cylinders is a good idea?

Last edited:
Back