WTB Hub Rotor Surface Cover

pereiracycles

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm in search of the "hub cap" that covers the rotor mounting surface when only using one brake rotor. I used to have twin discs, but have gone to one and want to clean up the appearance of the hub. Mine is a '75 spoked wheel. I'm sure this covers a wide range of years with 6-bolt, 80mm PCD,

Part is #7 in this diagram:
http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/1975/XS650B/FRONT%20WHEEL%20TX650A%20-%20XS650B%20-%20C/parts.html

Does anyone have one? Prefer one in good to very good condition.

Thanks,

Tony

I would watch eBay for an early version. They were used on the TX500, TX650, and TX750. They were cast alloy and polish up very nicely. Later versions were stamped tin or plastic.

AlloyCover.jpg

SpeedoDrive.jpg

The TX750 speedo drive is also a nice item, polished instead of painted black.

Thanks 5Twins. Hadn't seen the old version. I used to have a stamped one. That cast piece is perfect.
Any suggestion for search terms? Just use part #? You might be able to tell from my post that I don't know what to call it. The Yamaha name "cover, housing" isn't all that helpful.

I would search "TX750 Front Wheel", "TX650 Front Wheel", and "TX500 Front Wheel". These don't come up very often. You might try contacting a seller with a complete wheel. Maybe they'd sell just that cover to you separate. Like this guy .....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-YAMAHA...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2349eabef4&vxp=mtr

You might also try contacting gggGary. He's got a pretty big parts stash. Maybe he's got an old wheel with one of these on it. These weren't used long, only a couple years, so they are a bit hard to come by.

Hi Tony,
if you can't find a cute aluminum cover you could cut a disk from aluminum plate or turn one from barstock.
Or I have 1 chromed steel & 2 plastic daisy petal covers from XS650s that I dual disked.
PM me your postal addy and I'll mail you one.

I'm in the same boat! Fred could you post a pic? I'll buy one from you if its the part im looking for. I'm running a '72 wheel with no disc and I'm looking for the dust cover like the one 5twins posted to cover the exposed bearing.

I'm in the same boat! Fred could you post a pic? I'll buy one from you if its the part im looking for. I'm running a '72 wheel with no disc and I'm looking for the dust cover like the one 5twins posted to cover the exposed bearing.

If I recall correctly from when I had a '72, the rotor did not attach in the same manner, did it?

Back