Wanted - WTB One Lonely Exhaust Clamp Stud 1971 XS1B

JonW

Troop
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I am missing one of the exhaust clamp studs that secure the finned exhaust clamp to the head. I would be super grateful, if anyone has one to spare.

I have the junk head that gggGary sent me.
Pretty rusted, and not certain I can remove it without damaging it; but I can try.
If I am able it is yours with an address.
At the doctor's office with my wife now, but will make an attempt this afternoon and let you know.

Pretty rusted, and not certain I can remove it without damaging it; but I can try.
At the doctor's office with my wife now, but will make an attempt this afternoon and let you know.
Early studs are m8, later (72 on?) are m10
PS the partzilla fiche has it wrong, showing the later m10 stud used in 70.....
conveniently the part # shows the diameter

Yamaha OEM Exhaust Stud Bolt 90116-08166-00 the 08 is the diameter

BOLT, STUD 90116-10195-00 the 10 is the diameter
But why not just use a bolt? spin on a nut, thread bolt in, with the strongest grade locktight, use the convenient hex head to tighten, then cut to length after you installed it. Unthread the nut to reshape any damage done while cutting it off. Done.

:shrug:

Last edited:
That would be great, thank you.

Early studs are m8, later (72 on?) are m10
PS the partzilla fiche has it wrong, showing the later m10 stud used in 70.....
conveniently the part # shows the diameter

Yamaha OEM Exhaust Stud Bolt 90116-08166-00 the 08 is the diameter

BOLT, STUD 90116-10195-00 the 10 is the diameter
But why not just use a bolt? spin on a nut, thread bolt in, with the strongest grade locktight, use the convenient hex head to tighten, then cut to length after you installed it. Unthread the nut to reshape any damage done while cutting it off. Done.

:shrug:
Thank you for that info, Gary. I would have never guessed that the stud sizes would have been changed during the 650 production run! I know that I can easily find a new one, but just thought I would try and get a used one to match the remaining three and put one to use that was waiting for a chance to be used again.

Back