Wanted - WTB - XS1-XS1B Front Brake Plate

JonW

Troop
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the brake cable adjuster lug is broken on my 1971 XS1B brake plate. That puts me in the position of looking for one that has this lug intact and functional.

Would this brake plate be the same on a 1972? Also could you post a picture as I'm not sure what this "brake plate" is you are referring to. Or maybe a link to a parts break down showing it. I'd have to look in barn to see if I still have any brake parts off the `72.

My bad I just checked and see that the XS1B has drum front brake the 1972 is Disk!

Would this brake plate be the same on a 1972? Also could you post a picture as I'm not sure what this "brake plate" is you are referring to. Or maybe a link to a parts break down showing it. I'd have to look in barn to see if I still have any brake parts off the `72.

My bad I just checked and see that the XS1B has drum front brake the 1972 is Disk!

Thanks for looking into it, anyhow!

Can't help. Just wanted to say don't throw the old one away. A competent TIG welder could weld a new tab on there and re-drill it.

Thanks, Jim. I have already considered that but I still want to buy a good one. No doubt, anyone I could find who could do it, would need a good and solid example on hand in order to be able to duplicate it.

Any pics of the damage? Have a good plate for reference and always enjoy the challenge of saving an original part.
Willing to try the repair if you want to go that route.

PM sent
Yes, here are a couple that I just snapped. Hopefully, they are clear enough. I will check my PM's!

Attachments

• #1 Front Brake Plate Lug.jpg
    #1 Front Brake Plate Lug.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 42
  • #2 Front Brake Plate Lug.jpg
    #2 Front Brake Plate Lug.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 42
Back