For Sale - WTB - XS750 petcocks & cap

MaxPete

Lucille, Betty, Demi, Gretel & Big Sue money pits.
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Dear All:

I have found a decent XS750 fuel tank for my project bike - but it came with no cap and no petcocks. I have determined that a '76 XS650 Standard filler cap will fit just fine, so I can just buy one from XSDirect or Mikes for about $35 - but the petcocks have a wider flange and screw spacing than used by the '76 XS650.

MikesXS lists a wider (oval shaped) flange petcock that is supposed to convert vacuum applications to non-vacuum - does anyone know if it will fit this tank? It is part number 20-0019 and looks like this:

20-0019.jpg

The spec says that the mounting hole spacing is 46mm - which appears to match the XS750 tank that I have. Does anyone have any experience with these parts?

Alternatively, does anyone have a decent pair of XS750 petcocks for sale? If so, please send me a PM and many thanks.

Pete

Hi Signal: thanks for the lead and yup, I have certainly picked up on the leaky tap problem. What a PITA that must be. I think I'm ok on these parts now.

Yesterday, I bought a set of the old style 650 taps for the 750 tank (from what I can tell, the hole spacing is correct at 46 mm) and so I'll report on their fit-up when they arrive. I believe the P/N on the MikesXS website is 20-0019. NOTE these are NOT the '76 XS650C taps - the hole spacing on those is much too narrow.

I also checked the filler cap from my '76 XS650C tank and it is a perfect fit - so I ordered one of those too - plus a bunch of the fibre sealing washers and tap mounting screws. I think the whole bill came to about $125 CAD from XSDirect (CDN version of MikesXS).

With so many people putting those XS750 / 850 tanks on our bikes, the supply of them is going to dry up!

Cheers,

Pete

Back