WTF pictures

1710688019957.png

Metal rope version of a Corvair fanbelt.
Actually back when I still had Covairs forget who made them, Gates?, your could buy belts for them with a steel cable imbedded inside that seemed to work good at least for the time I had the last one.

I should post a picture of the arraignment I have out in the storage building to store picnic table in the winter. It includes a small hand crank boat winch and two old pulleys out of a barn and another pulley to give me a two part line at the table. Lift it up inverted with two-by-four through the legs and then secure with a couple small chains to take weight off the rope during storage. Been using this set-up for probably over 35 years.

Last edited:
dunno if this is bueno...

View attachment 264123
All fairly real projections, even if a bit pessimistic in timescales presented.
The oil will run out.
Another Ice Age will happen.
Acid Rain was / is still a very real thing. Some parts suffer more from it than others.
Ozone Hole has largely healed up, thanks to us actually doing something.
Ice Caps are going, going, will be gone sometime fairly soon.
More taxes, just take that as a golden given anyway.

All fairly real projections, even if a bit pessimistic in timescales presented.
The oil will run out.
Another Ice Age will happen.
Acid Rain was / is still a very real thing. Some parts suffer more from it than others.
Ozone Hole has largely healed up, thanks to us actually doing something.
Ice Caps are going, going, will be gone sometime fairly soon.
More taxes, just take that as a golden given anyway.
Coincidence is not causation... but consider something not ever mentioned... The north pole has moved 30 degrees in the last 120 years. Continental US spans roughly 25 degrees north south.
1710728115534.png
1710728318853.png

Coincidence is not causation... but consider something not ever mentioned... The north pole has moved 30 degrees in the last 120 years. Continental US spans roughly 25 degrees north south.
View attachment 264227View attachment 264228
I have been racing sailboats on Lake Michigan since 1971. Since I took on the role of navigator (and owner, painter. polisher, rigger, repairer, provisioner, financier :bed:) in 1998 our magnetic routes to race finish points (fixed navagation bouys or pier end light houses) have changed 3 degrees. Imagine a force so powerfull it can swing a little magnetized needle in a glycerine globe NOT be able to direct and change and channel slight changes in atmospheric high and low pressure systems just a little bit.

Back