WTF pictures

1713702368098.png

I guess we're looking at the solar wind. The Sun emits a constant stream of charged particles, and also has a powerful and constantly changing magnetic field which pulls those stream of ions into patterns. Sometimes, photos of the Sun show great arches when the magnetism pulls the stream back to the solar surface.

We can't look at the Sun's surface with the naked eye, but photos show it as constant upheaval & boiling, and with cooler dark sun spots. Read an article once by a chap who is interested in astronomy and lives in London. Due to high levels of light pollution, he is unable to do much star gazing at night, so he has contented himself instead by observing the Sun, suitable dark filters etc. He says it's our nearest star and for him at least plenty of interest watching the evolving patterns.

I guess we're looking at the solar wind. The Sun emits a constant stream of charged particles, and also has a powerful and constantly changing magnetic field which pulls those stream of ions into patterns. Sometimes, photos of the Sun show great arches when the magnetism pulls the stream back to the solar surface.

We can't look at the Sun's surface with the naked eye, but photos show it as constant upheaval & boiling, and with cooler dark sun spots. Read an article once by a chap who is interested in astronomy and lives in London. Due to high levels of light pollution, he is unable to do much star gazing at night, so he has contented himself instead by observing the Sun, suitable dark filters etc. He says it's our nearest star and for him at least plenty of interest watching the evolving patterns.

This is a painting, (in collaboration), of a photo taken by Dr Sebastian Voltmer, (https://voltmer.de/about/), of the 2017 eclipse. Cathrin Machin painted in the moon's details on top of the recreation.

The twatter/facefart/universe reposted this at least 500,000 times linking it to NASA's JWST taken on the 2024 eclipse. As NASA said the JWST is to light sensitive to be able to b pointed to the Sun, Earth, Moon.

Also it is impossible to get any detail of the moon in an eclipse. There is no reflected light from the earth, it is in the moons shadow.

Details in this link if your interested.

This is a painting, (in collaboration), of a photo taken by Dr Sebastian Voltmer, (https://voltmer.de/about/), of the 2017 eclipse. Cathrin Machin painted in the moon's details on top of the recreation.
You are of course right, @650Skull as I should have known - I was thinking the JWST image used clever software to compensate for the brightness and low light shadow.

After all, many space images show us phenomena we cannot see with the naked Mark 1 eyeball by collecting light in different parts of the spectrum and then constructing false colour and composite images.

Last edited:
You are of course right, @650Skull as I should have known- I was thinking the JWST image used clever software to compensate for the brightness and low light shadow.

After all, many space images show us phenomena we cannot see with the naked Mark 1 eyeball by collecting light in different parts of the spectrum and then constructing false colour and composite images.

Sorry if it sounded like I was aiming at you Raymond. Not my intention.

Sorta goes to, (and aline's with the AI thing), the dumbing down, and people taking what they see as fact, reposting to get clicks and the original person who made up the fake content, basikly stealing copyright without posting credit where it's due, and possibly making money from others hard work.

Rant over

Back