Wanted - xs 650

JoeB

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey I am new here and really appreciate your site. I am very actively looking for a xs 650 in the 1975-1978 range. Could be one that has sat a bit or ready to go. I can do carbs, brakes, tune-up but no major engine work. Glad to put in the time to make a bike a daily rider again. No museum or mint, it would be out of budget. Working in the 800 - $2900 price range. I am in central Ky ...can drive up to 6 hr with trailer to get the right bike. I am a bit of a stickler on color...blues first, then green, and maybe red or burgundy.
If you run across one on facebook or cr or know someone with a good bike that needs a good home I am excited to get my first 650. My dream bike is a 76 in the French Blue. Thanks for any help, Joe

Bought a bike today...1977 xs650 burgundy and gold... 19,000 mi. It had been properly drained and stored by a guy here who has a museum and a shop.
It had some service right before it was stored and looks good. Needs some cleaning but has been started recently. $1700
Guy is even delivering it for me. Its not blue but it's a start.

Now this is what is nice to hear and read about!
A Burgundy 77 is a sweet start of an XS habit!
$1,700... great deal. I sold my own Burgundy 77 for that exact dollar amount, 6 years ago.
And, it had 30,000 miles and a right side engine cover leak (after a 90mph run up the gorge) sold on sight! Good luck with your nice find.
-R

Back