XS cafe racer pic needed

XS1961

XS addict!
Reaction score
Anyone have a couple of photos of a 650 fitted with an XS750 tank they can post here or email to me? Im about to Ebay a 750 tank and reckon it wouldnt hurt to target the 650 owners with a nice piccy of the conversion ! Cheers

Here these should do

Attachments

• GregLalon202.jpg
    GregLalon202.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 321
  • GregLalonde201.jpg
    GregLalonde201.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 452
  • GregLalon203.jpg
    GregLalon203.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 330
That's a XS750/850 standard tank. One of the finest in my opinion.
Questions:
1. What rear sets are those?
2. Is the engine canted a bit forward - How to dpo it?

i wish I could do a cafe. maybe next bike. cutting my teeth on a bare bones chop for now n
Gawd, those are awesome. Amazing how a 30+ year old bike can look so modern.. I sincerely envy the craftmanship that others put into thier 650's. some times i feel im at the point of no return , and am stuck with a hard tail.

i wish I could do a cafe. maybe next bike. cutting my teeth on a bare bones chop for now n
Gawd, those are awesome. Amazing how a 30+ year old bike can look so modern.. I sincerely envy the craftmanship that others put into thier 650's. some times i feel im at the point of no return , and am stuck with a hard tail.

- angus, ive had and built most styles of bikes over the years except eg boardtracker style-which i like :bike: and drop-seat which im still thinking about:umm:-personally though, my favourites for a long time have been cafe racer and flattracker, structurally theres not much to do unless you monoshock them so a lot more attention can be spent on
handling issues such as brakes and suspension,​
rider position-bars, seat, footpegs and controls​
motor-whichever way you want to tune her​
weight reduction-including rider :D

- although i like hardtails, have ridden them in the past, and think every stable should have one for those 'short-run' days with the boys and 'flirt moments', quite apart from rider comfort issues, i find the current trend towards no front brake downright dangerous...imho, fairly limiting in riding experience but great eye-candy :D

I believe the XS100 standard uses the same tank. Ebay has then as above I got mine there and there was another recently I let get away. Sometimes they aren't listed under XS, so you ned to search fuel/gas tanks and troll through the listings.

- dont forget that the XS750 tank has reverse mounts...the front ears are mounted on the tank not the frame...need to do something like this

Rahmen_3.jpg

Back