XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
* PMA Conversion
* New Battery
* New VM34 Carbs
* New Tires
* New Pamco, w/ E-Advance
* New Pandemonium Ya Mama Exhaust

Previous local sale fell through. I decided to add a Pamco\E-Advance and a Pandemonium exhaust and tune it up a little after other buyer flaked... '73, title is clear, TC Brothers hardtail, etc... I can't say enough about Pamco and the E-Advance. Pipes sound awesome. Make me an offer if anyone's interested. Thanks

full

full

full

full

full

--more info-- I've had several PM's and thought it'd help answer questions. Thanks.

Originally, the bike was put together by another owner. I bought it as it sits, minus the exhaust and Pamco. First buyer flaked out. Second buyer was a young guy who I decided to help out and that involved me adding the Pamco, exhaust, etc. in order to make a little more feasible rider for him to get back/forth from school. He couldn't come up with the money either and I'm in for 1900 thus far and I'm looking to recoup as much of that as I can. I'm not an expert, but if you are looking for a bike to jump on and ride down the street immediately, this is not it. The VM carbs need to be tuned a little better and the timing may be off a bit. I noticed that it smoked a little on startup and I intend to do a compression test and look into that a bit further. The axle spacers are simple washers front and rear. To me it seems the front end needs real spacers to be safe. Not to mention the lack of front brake. It needs final wiring. It's kick only, but it will start with e-start when wired up. Shall I mention it's a '73, which has some differences from all other XS's as far as motor and frame. If I was going to buy a first XS650, I think it'd be a later model.

That's a complete description at the moment. Thanks.

After checking today, compression is great and valves seem fine. I think the smoke on startup is due to the carbs needing further adjustment. The bike does start and run fine, just prefers the chokes on to run. I am going to verify the jetting and start from scratch on tuning them. Valves have been set, timing chain has been set. I do have a great set of stock carbs I may include with the sale.

Looking at timing right now -- hope to get this 100 percent to be a good daily rider for someone.

Decided to part it out some of this bike. It's no longer for sale. Thanks

Back