XS on fleabay, so what's he REALLY saying????

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
XS on FleaBay

bsmeter.gif

unless there is something I don't know about what all Yamaha sold as an XS...........

XS on FleaBay

Seems like a fairly thick layer of BS unless there is something I don't know about what all Yamaha sold as an XS...........

Were these ever sold as factory racers? Or did someone do an older race replica mockup years back on this one? I like the high pipes, I'd like to get a set of those for my 73.

He or she seems to be guilty of excessive hype and long windedness. I looked at the seller's other items for sale, they follow the same format, even some of the same wording. The items may belong to seller or perhaps the seller is just selling them for someone else, either way some nice looking bikes.

I call BS on this one. No way it's completely "un-restored." He says all paint including gas tank and decals are original. Decals from 35+ years ago would see some fade, especially after 3-4 owners.

Well, one thing's for sure - somebody's on their way to being taken, lol. Amazing what a new pair of those bone jarring el cheapo MikesXS rear shocks will do for the value of a bike. The bike is nice - but not $4500 worth of nice.

It seems that the seller knows absolutely nothing about the bike. Funny how that goes sometimes but fair to assume that they're a broker of some sort given the variety of highly sought after bikes they've sold in the past. Maybe they're liquidating someone's collection? An estate perhaps?

yeah... 4500$ with more than a day to go. If it goes over 5 that will be something.

This ad is ridiculous. I can't believe some chump is throwing that much money at it. I can think of much nicer bikes for that price. Maybe if it was raced and signed by Kenny Roberts I could be persuaded to bid on it.

This ad is ridiculous. I can't believe some chump is throwing that much money at it. I can think of much nicer bikes for that price. Maybe if it was raced and signed by Kenny Roberts I could be persuaded to bid on it.

Here you go, this one sold in the UK before Christmas for around $10,000 (guesstimate - can't be bothered to work out the actual exchange rate :) )

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-SH...9997333?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item519c061d15

This one isn't even completely original but has some kind of provenance that can be proven.

Well, he certainly got everybody's attention! That's what it's all about. With 26 bids and 14 hours to go, at least 4 of the bidders will get into a cat fight and bid it up to $6,000.

He's using two key words in the ad. "Original" and "Survivor" that strike a chord with a lot of people. Like, "Radio Flyer" for the little red wagon that we all had as kids. That was from the '20's when radio was new and Lindbergh flew across the atlantic...nothing to do with little red wagons....:wtf:

That's what makes this country great!...:thumbsup:

Here you go, this one sold in the UK before Christmas for around $10,000 (guesstimate - can't be bothered to work out the actual exchange rate )

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-SHE...item519c061d15

This one isn't even completely original but has some kind of provenance that can be proven.

That bike is nice and is a Chromoly Shell frame but it looks like a longer swingarm has been added possibly for street use.

It does have a knock off rear hub. If the engine is built by Shell that would be nice. You couldnt build it for $10,000.

Iwould wrather have that one than the false on on e bay that everyone is talking about.

Back