xs performance carb kit from mikesxs... 32mm flat slides

That is a stock size, but you wont have to go too much bigger. First thing is to clean the SHIT out of them. Then do it again, there are very small passages on the pilot circuit. I would start with the Heiden tuning kit at Mikes, there is a variety of jets in it along with the Canadian needles. Start with the needles, if your diaphram's are good. The diaphram's are very important, and for a 30 year old bike could very well be your whole problem. The jetting is on the lean side, but get them real clean and report about the diaphram's.

That is a stock size, but you wont have to go too much bigger. First thing is to clean the SHIT out of them. Then do it again, there are very small passages on the pilot circuit. I would start with the Heiden tuning kit at Mikes, there is a variety of jets in it along with the Canadian needles. Start with the needles, if your diaphram's are good. The diaphram's are very important, and for a 30 year old bike could very well be your whole problem. The jetting is on the lean side, but get them real clean and report about the diaphram's.

ya im gonna have my buddy clean the shit out of them and test the diaphrams like you said but he said all along he thought they were my problem just from my description so im gonna order a rebuild kit tonight and possibly the heiden tuning kit also if and go from there...i hope it comes soon so he can do them this weekend...thanks for your help...i might just get diaprams anyway jst so there new ya know what i mean...it wont hurt

another thing i forgot to mention is that the "T" on my carbs was not connected to anything....there is a hose coming from the engine on top by the uppermost motor mount but it ran past my T and it seems to big to fit the T so idk whats going on in that department too

The T on the BS34s is where the fuel line from the gas tank connects. That hose from the top of your motor is an engine breather line and pumps out oil vapor. You won't get far pumping oil vapor into your carbs, they run on gas, lol.

Don't buy the Heiden tuning kit, it's beyond your abilities and doesn't work very well in most cases anyway. Don't get the Canadian needles and needle jets yet, you may not need them. Just buy a size larger pilot (45) and 2 or 3 sizes larger of mains (135, 137.5, and maybe 140). Personally, I use genuine Mikuni jets. The ones from Mike's are knock-offs and there's no telling how or if they flow correctly. Price is pretty much the same so why use shit?

The T on the BS34s is where the fuel line from the gas tank connects. That hose from the top of your motor is an engine breather line and pumps out oil vapor. You won't get far pumping oil vapor into your carbs, they run on gas, lol.

Don't buy the Heiden tuning kit, it's beyond your abilities and doesn't work very well in most cases anyway. Don't get the Canadian needles and needle jets yet, you may not need them. Just buy a size larger pilot (45) and 2 or 3 sizes larger of mains (135, 137.5, and maybe 140). Personally, I use genuine Mikuni jets. The ones from Mike's are knock-offs and there's no telling how or if they flow correctly. Price is pretty much the same so why use shit?

i wouldnt be the one tuning them my friend would do that so im sure he could handle it but is my T not connected because i got a sportster tank?

im guessing the T is the least of my problems probly right? lol idk i just want my bike to runn good and i appreciate all the feedback im new to the xs world but not new to bikes....

ok i am a retard duh ya the T i didnt realize untill i put bike back together but anyway after doing diaphrams and a good cleaning and i ended up going with the heiden kit and my friend did it, that my bike is still a dog...he thinks its an electrical problem...possibly coil or tci box so were gonna mess with carbs again friday but im stumped theyre practically brand new

Thanks for that,crikey Im a long way of that,16-17 l/km,I run run 750 rephase,v/old vm34s rephased points(pamco broke)std coils,std headers loud mufflers,just changed gearing from 17/30 -18/34 L/km increased,didnt get final figures as granson has found trip metter knob,weather permitting going on a long ride sunday,that should tell the story

Back