Wanted - XS1B Chrome fork collar nut/seal housing

Todd TCE

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Looking for one good part.

One of two I have now has external damage as well as damage to the fine thread inside the housing.

'71 XS1B seal retainer/fork collar nut, not the top cap. Please PM if you know of one.

*Looks like there may be an affordable unit on ebay now. Last one I saw was about $125.....

Last edited:
Hi there, I have a couple of those '71 XS1B seal retainer/fork collar nuts. Good threads, chrome finish not so good.
Let me know Jon

Thanks Jon

There was one popped up with some help from Mike's for $37 and I grabbed that one. At least I paid for it...

Sorry to hijack your thread but would either of you guys have the metal slide bush out of XS1b drumbrake fork you could measure and give me dimensions for, I am restoring a 71 XS1b and these parts are missing, I am in New Zealand and haven't been able to find any, I have a local guy who can make me some If i can get dimensions, any help greatly appreciated
cheers

Part no 7 in this pick is what I need dimensions for they were missing from set a set of forks I bought.
MjE5NTk5Ng-f7c264fa.png

Sorry to hijack your thread but would either of you guys have the metal slide bush out of XS1b drumbrake fork you could measure and give me dimensions for, I am restoring a 71 XS1b and these parts are missing, I am in New Zealand and haven't been able to find any, I have a local guy who can make me some If i can get dimensions, any help greatly appreciated
cheers

I'm sorry to say I did not mic this out for you. Epic fail...I know.

I have to put the tin back on it yet so if I have it off and get the collar off without losing all the new oil I may try for you.

Back