XS1B new project.

Sweet!!
Spend much time in the "Dog House" do ya? ;)

That"s my wife shed i built her, so when her friends rang I told them she was in the dog house.. Ha

Yes, Curt, that's what I meant - repair what's needed. I agree that keeping it as original and unrestored as possible is the correct approach.

Love the Magura too! I had a Kawasaki 650W1 for a while which is a somewhat similar, tho much newer machine.

Yes, Curt, that's what I meant - repair what's needed. I agree that keeping it as original and unrestored as possible is the correct approach.

Love the Magura too! I had a Kawasaki 650W1 for a while which is a somewhat similar, tho much newer machine.
For sure, for some bikes , but others i have they was a pile of bits, so has to be a full restoration, but each to there own , Meguro sound nice not really done to much to it, just wanted to get it on the road and registered with our system, this can take a while, but done now, just done the same on a Honda dream 4e 1954, that's a bike that will need a restoration , as some one has painted it the wrong colour, has a few wrong parts on it, but iam collecting stuff for it, it is a runner, which always is a great help.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_6a3.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_6a3.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 171
Hi Curt

I live just down the road from you 8n South Wales and I’m restoring an XS1, XS1B and an XS2 so if you ever fancy a cup of tea, give me a shout

Anthony
Hi Anthony, would be good to look at others for reference , I am by Bromyard, how far into yours are you.

Can anyone tell which tanks badges is correct for the 1970 xs1b, have seen Red and Black, also seat lettering, Gold or white.

Here's a Yamaha ad for the 1B that shows the tank badge....

800x600xs1b.folder2.jpg

Here's a video. Shows white on the seat....
51h-ESZqIKg

Glad you're happy with 'em Curt!
Now you gotta put up some before and after pics of the shiny bits.;)

Jim, I gave the chain guard, speedo, and seat handle a clean, they came up well, as I have a lot of other projects on, I want to put this XS1B into a complete bike, before i start on a full restoration , Planning an extension on my house , so today we had to have a Bat survey done.so had a chap here, but he's into his bikes, so that was good, and did a little on the SOS bike, sorted the spark issue, coil had broken down, and found a spoke for the rear wheel.

Back