Wanted - XS650 Bike In North GA Area

landerson

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm looking for an XS650 bike preferably running with a title. This is going to end up as a bobber project. I am located in Lawrenceville GA (north of ATL) and willing to commute if the price is right. I would prefer a title in hand and necessary paperwork if possible. If no paperwork is available, I'm open for what you have. I'd like to begin the project sooner than later. Many thanks for offers.

Thanks John. Thats a great looking bike, I wasn't expecting it to be such good condition. Since I'm planning to modify the bike so much I'd feel terrible changing anything. It is very tempting and I must ask if you're price is still firm. If so, I completly respect. Thanks

Price is firm, but you get a good running bike. Read the stories on here of people trying to get bikes running when they started with a basket case. More spent throwing parts at it than buying a good runner to start. No need to feel guilt about a Special, they are not rare by any means.

It will be here if you don't have any luck with something else, I'm in no hurry to sell it. :)

Good luck,

John

Price is firm, but you get a good running bike. Read the stories on here of people trying to get bikes running when they started with a basket case. More spent throwing parts at it than buying a good runner to start. No need to feel guilt about a Special, they are not rare by any means.

It will be here if you don't have any luck with something else, I'm in no hurry to sell it. :)

Good luck,

John

John,

Hope all is well. I have a few questions about this bike if its still available.
-Title clear?
-Length of bike from end of front tire to rear? (just thinking of transporation, lengths...)
-20K on the engine - How many more miles do you think this engine has? I'm assuming it hasn't been rebuilt?

Excuse my naive questions - just starting somewhere. I'm pretty sure starting with an existing runner is my best option.

Many thanks

You should ask questions, no problem. The title is clear, transferred last year when I bought it. No, it has not been rebuilt, but it runs flawlessly, and the motor is as quiet as I've heard. No leaks of any sort, no carb problems. Typically I would just routinely tear it down and rebuild the motor, but this runs too well to do that.

It belonged to a college professor in Chattanooga, and he was in his eighties when he sold it to my friend that I got it from. My friend didn't ride it at all, and I've put a couple hundred miles on it. I have the service records-the old guy had it serviced regularly.

The only thing that doesn't work is a turn signal, should be easy enough.

I would have to measure the length, although you could probably find it here-its likely in a manual, but mine are in the shop. I have other bikes, but they are all probably more projects than you want.

PM if you want more info, or call me at six one five, three nine seven, 5783. Like I said, I'm in no hurry, it'll be here.

John

Back