Xs650 brake question.!! Urgent

Quick answer is: No nothing but a 72 fits a 72. AFAK If you are desperate for a good rotor you can unbolt 73-76 (two piece) rotors from their hub (spider) and bolt it on your 72 rotor hub (not the wheel hub)

1st addition. Do you have everything for your 72 set up? just about everything on that front end is one year only parts.
I have spare 72 parts.

FRONT_WHEEL_XS2_TX650.png

The big thing here is: the 72 rotor does NOT bolt to the wheel, it sits on it's own bearing and has notches that engage tangs on the hub. There are (or were) rubber cushions fitted between the notches and tangs.

So the 78 is a 1 peice and larger? Reason I'm asking is I'm trying to buy a drilled rotor and I don't wanna fork out the money if it don't fit

same OD one piece, different hub design from the 72 better check your 72 closely, see if it really is 72 pieces, go from there. See pictures above.

Drill your rotor, it's not that hard to do. There are a bunch of threads on here on how to do it. If you are worried about doing it, practice on a scrap rotor, they are everywhere.

It was original! I bought it all in 1 peice with only gas tank missing with less then 13 k on odometer. I'm not scared to drill them, I work at a restoration/hotrod shop. It's just for something that time consuming I'd rather fork out the 80 bucks as I don't have much spare time

Back