XS650 Build Round 2!

I haven't seen those axle plates before. What are those?

I made them, they're eccentric adjusters similar to what you'll sometimes see on dirt bikes. If i was gonna do it again, I'd probably just make simple plates. The eccentric thing is kinda just making it more complicated than it needs to be, but I thought it would be cool, we'll see how they work...

Hi andrsn,
I too am envious of the lathe, the mill and that you have space to put them.
BTW, while Webb girder forks had straight tubes, Druid girder forks had curved ones so yours will look fine whatever shape you make them.
If you are worried about the front wheel trail, you could use the same eccentric bushing design that adjusts the rear wheel to adjust the fork link length?

-yeah, machines are awesome! My garage is getting pretty cramped, but I can move things around and make it work.

I actually designed the girders so all the tubing/trusses are one piece so if i decide i need to change the trail i'll just replace the truss/tube stuff. It'd probably be about 50$ in material and a weekend, but we'll see how it rides as is.

Been working on the exhaust. It's coming along, but still have some more work to do getting it finished up.

ychV3ie0aCAReKrUn6kgEb0G1qwWH9u15_ki_i8x3KU=w831-h623-no

Trying to match the curves to the engine cases.

gBOnXwQLwP43_c7b3oaHav4TLddpaZ6q96KpIZ58UMQ=w831-h623-no

Back