XS650 chopper wiring journey

Let’s see what you have? Got a fake oil tank/battery box? Where’s the battery mounted?

I have a fake oil tank to hide the wiring and I will mount the key switch to it also and I have a battery box. Doing some re-wiring. Just trying to get it rite when connecting these two wires. I know one goes to the key 🔑 switch somewheres but not sure about the green/red wire (is it a ground?)

Look at the schematic JPD sent you. One wire should go to -battery, the other to switch.

Last edited:
Yes I’ve been using that schematic but I’m just confused with the two small wires colors From the solenoid. Mine are green/red instead of blue/white , and red/yellow instead of red/white

So that solenoid is a Honda style solenoid yellow/red is positive and green/red is ground for the actuating coil in the solenoid. The solenoid should click when connected that way. See post #15 above: depends on whether you want to use a starter button or 3 position key switch to actuate the starter

So that solenoid is a Honda style solenoid yellow/red is positive and green/red is ground for the actuating coil in the solenoid. The solenoid should click when connected that way. See post #15 above: depends on whether you want to use a starter button or 3 position key switch to actuate the starter
I’m gonna use the key 🔑

I’m gonna use the key 🔑
Then ground the green/red to the frame and connect the yellow/red to the 'S' terminal on the key switch
1693012384399.png

The S terminal should only be a momentary position that returns when the key is released.https://tcbros.com/products/weatherproof-ignition-switch-with-momentary-start-13-16

Last edited:
Back