XS650 Craigslist postings depository

http://appleton.craigslist.org/mcy/3148853652.html

xs bobber project - $850 (oshkosh)

Date: 2012-07-19, 12:03AM CDT
Reply to: cgjzk-3148853652@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
I have a 81 xs650 project i need to sell bike does run but is taken somewhat apart for paint has hardtail frame drag bars solo seat new custom pipes made a fake oil tank to hide electronics have most parts to finish except tail light and foot controls call or text with any questions 920 203 eight seven five four also clear title

5G75H95M13Ec3G73Mcc7ibb1e3f38574e115c.jpg

http://appleton.craigslist.org/mcy/3148853652.html

xs bobber project - $850 (oshkosh)

Date: 2012-07-19, 12:03AM CDT
Reply to: cgjzk-3148853652@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
I have a 81 xs650 project i need to sell bike does run but is taken somewhat apart for paint has hardtail frame drag bars solo seat new custom pipes made a fake oil tank to hide electronics have most parts to finish except tail light and foot controls call or text with any questions 920 203 eight seven five four also clear title

5G75H95M13Ec3G73Mcc7ibb1e3f38574e115c.jpg

Three little ones at home has made me rethink my priorities. Bike was built by a member of this forum under username bradical so if anyone is interested, you can see the build process. I bought it in march ( I think) and it has been a lot of fun to ride but needs a new home. I also have a 80 frame with tc bros Hardtail tacked on that can go too. Clean and clear titles on all. Plus two engines in various states.

I see a lot of ads for bikes without titles. What are the legal risks of owning a bike w/o proof of ownership?
Thank you for your thoughts.
-Watson

Three little ones at home has made me rethink my priorities. Bike was built by a member of this forum under username bradical so if anyone is interested, you can see the build process. I bought it in march ( I think) and it has been a lot of fun to ride but needs a new home. I also have a 80 frame with tc bros Hardtail tacked on that can go too. Clean and clear titles on all. Plus two engines in various states.
Domantori, I may be in the market for an engine. Can you describe the two you have (year, condition, etc.)? Also, how much for the frame?

Astra. Pm me your email and I can send pics galore of the engines and frame. Open to fair and reasonable offers on all. Thanks.

What are the legal risks of owning a bike w/o proof of ownership?
Thank you for your thoughts.
-Watson
Just "owning" a non-titled bike is not likely to be an issue. Getting a title so you can ride it is always at least a PITA paper chase and depending on your state's rules often nearly impossible.
I suppose you could "run the VIN" at your local PD before purchase. Not many sellers would be interested in letting you do that..... I have owned piles and heaps of untitled bikes with no issues, I have even gotten titles for several of them. The only tale of woe I know of was recyclebill's, I think it went, that he got a bike all done and while trying to register it, the original owner found out he had it, claimed it and won. He was out his entire investment in bike and improvements. For sure there are stolen bikes out there in barns and sheds. But at least up here in the Great white north most "barn finds" just slowly fell into disrepair, titles were lost, kid moved away, barn changed owners, and the ownership chain was lost. In the old days I could go down to DMV root through their PAPER records find the owner and go negotiate getting a title transfer. Now you cannot pry the registered owners name out of DMV. In Wisconsin you can pay to send that owner a notice but YOU don't know to who or where it is being sent. If they don't respond to DMV you are SOL and what are the odds the owner will be reached and respond to mail sent to some ancient address? That owner might also say hey that bike was stolen, I want it back, or hold you up for ransom to release the title, gulp! There are often laws on the books about holding a non titled vehicle, just not to likely they would be enforced unless you got yourself in hot water for other reasons.

This advice is probably OK for "low value" old "metric" bikes, late models, crotch rockets and Harley's are much more likely to have smelly histories if they have no title.

Just up

http://greenbay.craigslist.org/mcy/3107542136.html

I AM SELLING MY 1980 YAMAHA XS 650 SPECIAL II .RUNS AND DRIVES GREAT NEEDS FINSHING TOUCHES .WAS MY PROJECT BIKE AND HAVENT HAD TIME TO FINSH IT. I HAVE SOME TAIL LIGHTS AND FENDERS THAT WILL GO WITH IT . IF YOUR INTRESTED AND OR WOULD LIKE MORE DETAILS , TEXT, CALL , OR EMAIL ME ...... (920) 6 ZERO 9 TWO 4 EIGHT 1 .....IF NO ANWSER LEAVE A MESSAGE

5Ia5Gf5K13E13k03M4c6s54d2418d85891fff.jpg

How much were they asking on this one?

Looks pretty good to me from the pictures. A nice ride and restore project?

http://swmi.craigslist.org/mcy/3146012915.html

Fully functional classic motorcycle....rare find....running and in good condition. Clear title, original paperwork and maint. records. Has only 11,672
original miles on it and has only had one owner. Can be reached by phone @ 517-962-2l7l.

5N65Ib5M23Kd3J43oac7hcf6cb0c0959318d0.jpg

Back