XS650 Craigslist postings depository

Someone needs to buy it, then at least price it properly so it doesn't get;
1702732954303.png

Ok nice chopper - but who in the world pay that kind of money for an old Yamaha that’s not even original. Couldn’t make my self do it - but I’ll gladly build a couple or five if there is any takers at that price 😊

When I was a newbe mechanic back in the late 70's early 80s my job was to test ride all choppers (and several looked like this one). The older mechanics wouldn't ride them. They'd buy me a soda to test ride them. I have no desire to ever ride one again.
Just looking at the angle of the steering crown tells you this will not be fun to make a turn on - bet the wheel will fall over to one or the other side and for sure will not right up at any point :). At least bother to make it safe ! I still like the look but not the lack of functionality

Its interesting cause I don't look at Craigslist much but use Fakebook Market place. Have started to look at Craigslist more just to see what's out there. Always looking for a project/bike that I don't have room for :).
Right now around me, I'm seeing LOTS of dirt bikes. My area, there really is no where close to run dirt bikes (legally). I see a lot of "got for kids, don't use it anymore"

latest:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/379037631365417
1703085416659.png

Attachments

• 1703085375224.png
    1703085375224.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
That is nice
I think there is one out there not as nice in MN for $3500

That is nice
I think there is one out there not as nice in MN for $3500
They always need something. They aren’t ever perfect. Up over $5K it’s just a collector piece. To ride, I would opt for an RE or some other late model bike. There are lots of cool retros out there.
I got this one for free.
IMG_2823.jpeg

They always need something. They aren’t ever perfect. Up over $5K it’s just a collector piece. To ride, I would opt for an RE or some other late model bike. There are lots of cool retros out there.
I got this one for free.
View attachment 258056
No, it needed work when I got it.

Back