XS650 drop seat shocks

Xios

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I’m working on a little drop seat project and I am looking for a couple good shock recommendations to consider. Looks like I need 256mm or 280 mm shocks. Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4593.jpeg
    IMG_4593.jpeg
    381.2 KB · Views: 67
I suppose it would depend on the type of riding you want to do, Koni and Icon make some great classic adjustable shocks. They can be pricey but Icon will even make a special order size for you.

I suppose it would depend on the type of riding you want to do, Koni and Icon make some great classic adjustable shocks. They can be pricey but Icon will even make a special order size for you.
Thanks for the advice. The intent is to build a simple short range street cruiser. So, ultimately it will be a bar hopper. I don't think I'll be in the saddle on this one for more than 1-1/2 hrs. at a time.

Those are pretty short shocks but if it’s just for bar-hopping maybe just see what you can get in that size and just compare travel rates. You don’t want your chain rubbing.

Those are pretty short shocks but if it’s just for bar-hopping maybe just see what you can get in that size and just compare travel rates. You don’t want your chain rubbing.
The original shock was 13". I lowered the subframe by about 3". So, the distance from the swingarm pivot to the shock top mount is less. With the change in height and the more forward angled shock a 10-1/2" keeps the neutral swing arm position in the same place. A 10-1/2" shock has about 2" travel. That leaves about 1" tire clearance for my seat mount bar. Thanks again.

Back