Wanted - XS650 frame, w/ title, cut or not

junkshow

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Like the title says, doesn't matter if it's cut, it will be cut eventually.

Shiped to Denver

Posted via Mobile

How fast do you need one because i got one but got to get title fixed and it has been cut with a (Still in Box) universal hardtail for $500.00

How fast do you need one because i got one but got to get title fixed and it has been cut with a (Still in Box) universal hardtail for $500.00

Got any pics and info on the hard tail? Drop, stretch, etc. I'm not in too big of a hurry, maybe we can work something out.

Posted via Mobile

Its a TCB universal hardtail not installed still in box. I cut the frame down to do it but never got around to it because the title had to go back to NJ DMV and get a new one.

Pics of my hardtail ?
I like keeping my girlfriends thong pics private,
cant help you on that.

Otherwise just have a few standard early year xs650 frames.
Early year frames with low vin# shouldn't be cut in my opinion.
but i have 2 standard frames for sale w/titles - its none of my business what the buyer does with them.

Pics of my hardtail ?
I like keeping my girlfriends thong pics private,
cant help you on that.

Otherwise just have a few standard early year xs650 frames.
Early year frames with low vin# shouldn't be cut in my opinion.
but i have 2 standard frames for sale w/titles - its none of my business what the buyer does with them.

Fair enough on the cutting up of early year standards. I'm not really looking for frames that might be too nice to cut, heck, I'm not totally sure that I will cut a frame. The main thing I need to do is get my parts on a titled frame to get miles on it.

Posted via Mobile

The '71 frame i have has a low vin # in the 17,000 range I believe.
I can check on that in a few.
The title is in my name, perfect arizona title. Would be notorized upon any transaction for it.
'71 frames arent a dime a dozen.
Who really knows how many genuine uncut '71 frames still exist and are available ?
A great self gift for the holidays.
There maybe still time to plan on firing up what you have on christmas, if you had a frame like mine ??? Without a frame like mine, you just have a box of parts my friend.
Just say the word, cook the books and make up a story to tell the wife and you could be rolling by the end of the holidays. But not if you live where it snows, I dont.
:)

The '71 frame i have has a low vin # in the 17,000 range I believe.
I can check on that in a few.
The title is in my name, perfect arizona title. Would be notorized upon any transaction for it.
'71 frames arent a dime a dozen.
Who really knows how many genuine uncut '71 frames still exist and are available ?
A great self gift for the holidays.
There maybe still time to plan on firing up what you have on christmas, if you had a frame like mine ??? Without a frame like mine, you just have a box of parts my friend.
Just say the word, cook the books and make up a story to tell the wife and you could be rolling by the end of the holidays. But not if you live where it snows, I dont.

I'm kinda looking for something a bit cheaper (not as clean), as I plan on blasting and painting it myself. Thanks tho.

Anyone else?

Posted via Mobile

I understand.
I dont have fun preping and painting the frames Ive done.
I use a power sand grinding pad, medium grade to prepair the frames but dont use my sand blasting equipment on them. 1 can of flat black, dry 3 days, 2 cans gloss black then dry 3 more days. close to 3 coats of black.
sometimes 1 can of clear coat as a finishing touch, depends on how i feel or if im not satisfied with the shine of the gloss black.

sandblasting and a urethane paint procedure is superior to my method for finishing frames but the way i do it works good for me and looks good too. I dont have issues with scratching or chipping, so im never disapointed in the results.
i try not to blow my load of funding on the frame so it leaves more funding for the best www.marks650yamahas.com paint on the other pieces.
Marks done a lot of paint for me, great work, and i like email chatting with him everyday.
Ive committed the amount im asking for the frame into the frame, so i only break even at that price. The other frame i have isnt finished yet, but i had some welds replaced and so im at about the same price on the other frame, but id do the finishing on it also before sending it when purchased.

Thanks Scobman, all of those bikes on your site look great. I appeciate the offer and the infomercial (in great detail) on the detail that goes into your frame finishing.

And now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Frame wanted, with a title. It does not need to be pretty, I will be refinishing it. If it is in decent shape and not cut, I will not chop. If it is already cut, I will build a HT bobber. Must have title.

Posted via Mobile

I have an 81 with a clear title that has been cut behind the rear shock mounts. Don't know if PO was going for a brat or street tracker. You need a complete frame or just the neck for a project?

Back