XS650 Mechanic's in Chicago

dstroy12

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Ive got a 81 Heritage special I hardtailed, painted, tuned and everything. Some of you guys might even remember me. Ran amazingly all last year and this year. Sold it to a guy, and after about a week, the thing starts dying, turned out to be a ripped slide diaphram. Changed and everything was fine.

He went out riding for a while and then outta nowhere the bike dies, and will not restart. tows home. hours later it starts.

I assumed it was the carbs out of sync. Syned carbs and everything. Then bike started fine and ran for a while.

I leave and get a call later in the afternoon that bike died and will not restart.

Im totally lost. Curious if anytone has heard of such a thing, also if there are XS650 Mechanics, that are PROS, Id love to talk, or pay you to go thru it.

The owner is now really upset, and wants to return bike, I honestly cant afford to do that, and if there was ever something to ruin my confidence, this one is it.

Im totally lost.

Please help!

return the bike?? did you agree upon somekind of warranty? i need to get on that program ...30+ year old bike is acting up I want to return it! classic

unless hes a really good friend, ide tell him to figure it out on his own. you did. i did. everyone else here did.
offer to give hima hand, but stop spoon feeding him. buyer beware.

Thanks guys. and your all right. hes a family member of a friend. Im just trying to do the right thing. In all honesty it ran amazingly well all last season and this season

on a side note Angus, my Middle name is Angus. ok maybe that isnt that cool, but I thought it was funny.

Anyways, Im gonna do the cam chain tensioner, then the valve lash, then the carbs.

Sounds like a plan? any other suggestions?

Maybe a bad coil. They sometimes crap out only once hot, work fine cold.

my dogs name is Angus.
hes part blaklab/cattle, sooooo....angus, as in black angus, square cow fun bar.

Back