For Sale - XS650 motor for sale

Flyer888

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I bought this motor 2 years ago off E-Bay. The E-Bay post said it was 750 now. I actually talked to the guy selling it and he said had built the bike and rode it awhile then decided to part it out so he could finish a build on some car he had. I quizzed him about the whole 750 claim and he said I could pull the head off after I received it and if it did not measure 750 he would refund my money and pay the shipping back.
The motor had been bid up to 625.00 on e-bay with a Buy it Now of 800.00. I ended up buying it for 900.00 shipped to me.
The only thing I have done is replace the washers under the 4 head bolts that are prone to leaking with copper washers from mikes and replace the oil tube that feeds the head with one from mikes also as the chrome on the old one was starting to look bad.
When I received the motor I mounted it to the stand you see in the picture and pulled the plugs one at a time and checked compression kicking the motor thru about 8 times per cylinder. One cylinder read 171 psi and the other one was 173 psi. I then cleaned and reprinted the motor with the plan of polishing the side covers, camshaft side covers and valve covers. I also ordered a tack cable Block off plug. Also this motor has no electric start and the gear has been removed.
The motor has set on the corner of my bench for the Last 2 yrs waiting for me to start the build. I also have a set of carbs that are completely rebuilt - diaphragms, floats, jets etc, etc, They look like new. Also have new carb boots.
Bottom line is I have lost interest in the build and have decided to sell everything. I have a ton of new parts I will be listing as I get the time.
As for pricing I'm asking $500.00 OBO. At this point I just want to get rid of it all.
Shipping - buyer arranges all shipping. I will tie the motor to a pallet and deliver it to a shipping company up to 30 miles one direction after that It will cost the seller 1 dollar a mile.
You can reply to this post or call me at 214-837-2521
Please no BS calls.
Thank You
Mark

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 117
Back