For Sale - XS650 Parts in Troy, NY

xander18

Hotrod Hobo
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm getting rid of the last of my XS stuff. College and other projects take up too much time and money so I'll probably be off of two wheels for now.

Here's the contents of my CL ad:

Have enough four wheel projects for some time, getting out of the motorcycle game for a bit. Clearing out the last of my parts. All prices OBO, all reasonable offers considered. Also very interested in selling as a lot, what I have listed here adds up to just under $900. There are also a bunch of other bits and pieces. $700 takes everything. Email if you want pictures of anything.

Two frames, both 81s. Includes swing arm, battery box, some wiring, but no front forks/triple tree. No title for either. One has been converted to taper triple tree bearings and the rear fender loop was cut off. The other is unmolested. Both straight. $75 for the modified, $100 for the stock.

Two engines, also both 81s. Neither have carbs. One has about 12k miles on it but previous owner said it had low compression. Never checked myself because one spark plug hole was crossthreaded and mangled. Easy helicoil fix. The other has about 21k miles on it but had the carbs removed before I got it. $100 for either.

Rims. Both a 48 and a 36 spoke 16" rear rim, both with drum brake. 19" spoke front rim and a front mag rim. Spokes all have tires (old and hard but no holes) some tarnish and surface rust but could be cleaned up. $100 for any spoke, $40 for the mag.

Stock megaphone exhaust. Rusty and beat up, crosspipe was cut, but would be fine for puttering around or cutting up for the headers. $40 for both pipes.

Front shocks off of an 81, some surface rust but perfectly functional. $40 for both

Pullback style bars with controls- $20. Dirtbike style bars with crossbar and controls- $20.

Virago (I think) front shocks and triple tree, no rim. $30.

Special II plastic side covers, dark green. One has a small crack in it off of one of the mounting holes. $10

80-81 Special cast aluminum rear grab bar with taillight- $15.

Some other miscellaneous bits and pieces, email me if you're looking for something.

Back