XS650 WORKSHOP MECHANICS MANUALS

Adamc

XS650 MEDDLER
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
The original Yamaha Workshop manuals are like hens teeth in Blighty.
I own a Haynes manual for the XS650 which is helpful at best but hardly in-depth.
In fairness the tech section of this forum offers better insight to the workings of our chosen steed.

I came across this book on our bikes engine & electrical on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yamaha-XS6.../ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Screenshot 2023-01-08 at 12.17.52.png

Has anyone owned and / or read this book?
Is it any good and is it worth buying for around £30.00?

Cheers,
Ads.

I have it as well as the Haynes Manual. This is very detailed in depth explanation to the engine overhaul. It also have great pictures to support the text.

I have a copy of this book. It is a good technical description of the XS650 engine and electrical system, written by an engineer and translated into English. I have read parts of the book and it was easy to follow the description of the engine, but I haven't really used the book for guidance while doing a job.

I would say it is a nice book to have if you collect XS650 material but it's not necessary in addition to the Haynes manual and all the info on this forum.

Crossed in the post with Niels - kept being called away to hold the step ladders for Mrs who is doing a spot of guttering clearance - she's a marvel.

Last edited:
If you Read German it can be found as pdf file Online .. If you don't read German you can se what it contains
pictures and so. Making an evaluation if that is what you are after.

I have a copy of this book. It is a good technical description of the XS650 engine and electrical system, written by an engineer and translated into English. I have read parts of the book and it was easy to follow the description of the engine, but I haven't really used the book for guidance while doing a job.

I would say it is a nice book to have if you collect XS650 material but it's not necessary in addition to the Haynes manual and all the info on this forum.

Crossed in the post with Niels - kept being called away to hold the step ladders for Mrs who is doing a spot of guttering clearance - she's a marvel.
Cheers @Raymond thanks for the response.
Any chance Mrs R could pop down to Wales for a bit of gutter clearing when she’s done at yours?
Ads.

If you Read German it can be found as pdf file Online .. If you don't read German you can se what it contains
pictures and so. Making an evaluation if that is what you are after.
Thanks @Jan_P

Used original shop manuals are all over the U.S. eBay, sometimes very reasonable too. I think I only paid about $10 for the last one I got.

The original Yamaha Workshop manuals are like hens teeth in Blighty.
I own a Haynes manual for the XS650 which is helpful at best but hardly in-depth.
In fairness the tech section of this forum offers better insight to the workings of our chosen steed.

I came across this book on our bikes engine & electrical on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yamaha-XS6.../ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

View attachment 233410

Has anyone owned and / or read this book?
Is it any good and is it worth buying for around £30.00?

Cheers,
Ads.
I have it too. It isn't necessary, but a very good resource.

Last edited:
Are there none on Ebay Adam?
Hi Dom, I look from time to time on fLea Bay and other sites.
You often see the Yamaha workshop supplements; but rarely the complete workshop manual.

That's the Hans Pahl book. I've never read it, but I've read multiple times that Hans is the guru's guru for XS650's

That's the Hans Pahl book. I've never read it, but I've read multiple times that Hans is the guru's guru for XS650's
Thanks for the comment @Jim
I may just buy it as a coffee table piece.... Until I need to use it for a good cause.
Ads.

Back