Wanted - XS650

Chief Mojo

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Anybody in the Utah area have a 650 they would like to sell? I have been watching the adds for a few weeks and I seem to be in no mans land. Lots of bikes back east and out in CA. :banghead:

I always keep an eye on craigslist because I buy and sell motorcycles and it is extremely rare that I come across and XS anywhere within 125 miles of me. I think I have found one in a year. I say have your money ready and just be patient.

Agreed. Have that money ready, and be willing to drive some weekend. I use a nationwide craigslist search, just to browse what's out there.

Two sold today in UT...one in SLC and the other in Monticello. I missed buying the one in SLC by 10 minutes, got there just in time to watch somebody load it up.

Ouch, sorry to hear that saucebox. I hate when that happens. A hint to anyone looking for something hard to find "craigsnotifica"

I too missed the one in SLC, I must have got there just a few minutes after you, I talked to the guy who bought it as he was leaving.

Doncha hate it when the seller doesn't set appointments? How hard is that?

You can always try a XS650 wanted ad on craigslist. They get deleted in some markets but stay up in others.
I have scored some nice bikes that way. Probably should fill the van with bikes and go visit my bud in Price. But Utah in mid summer? maybe not....

Chief,

If you aren't already doing so, keep an eye on the classifieds at KSL.com. They show up there every so often. More people in the UT-WY-ID area use KSL.com than Craigslist, so it's a better bet to find what you're searching for.

Also, try Kelley at MGK in Springville (801-735-9166 or impala66k@hotmail.com). I bought a frame from him back in February. He sells mainly parts, but had a handfull of complete XS 650s that he's willing to sell, but not advertizing.

Hang in there and you will find your bike.