xs650direct

Wow it does look different! The old site looked a bit more antiquated but worked well. The new site is not iPad friendly - there seems to be formatting issues for mobile devices. Didn’t look at it long enough to get a good feel for content. I trust and hope they are still shipping out of Stratford, Ont. thx for the heads up!

Just went back and looked again. It’s pretty messed up for mobile devices for sure. Not sure about a computer. Sent a message requesting they have a look at it and fix it up.
Product offering quite a bit different. Lots of new items but some older stuff no longer there eg. PWK carb parts.

Last edited:
Heard back from the vendor and they say they carry all the same parts as before. I did see many new items so the change should be a bonus for we Canadian owners. FYI.

Prices have changed on many items. For example, a center stand went up by about $30, to $89! Other prices went down. Spark plugs from $17.99 down to $14.99. Go figure? If you need something and think they had it before, but you can’t see it on the new site, call or email them. They seem to be quite helpful.

Oh yeah - I have used XS650Direct many many times and always found their website informative, reliable and easy to use - but the new one, while slicker looking, simply doesn't do the job nearly as well.

I can only hope that they are working on it and will sort it out soon because it is a good outfit.

I have also found the new site to be glitchy, having used the old one many times. I have also found them to be helpful, responding quickly to any questions I have had about any items on various orders. I am sure they will sort it out.

A final note - I actually surfed through every page of their product offerings and found items way out of place by category. If you were searching for carb parts you may find what you were looking for in another, obscure, unrelated section. Each time I brought something to their attention they seemed to act on it quickly.

As I said, the XS650 Direct folks are good people and I hope they get this fixed.

Anybody having trouble with this site at the moment? Random stuff is appearing in my cart and I can't log in. I was shocked to see I had 3 items in my cart when I went there, including a $430 cam shaft. I already emailed them to tell them something is up, and tried to change my password but no dice. I tried 2 different os's and 3 different browsers but nothing helped. I really need some gas tank dampers.

It's almost like they have been hacked.

Ever since they revamped their website it’s been messed up for example pricing is all over the map. I just purchased some items and the pricing in Canadian was actually lower than US pricing.

Ever since they revamped their website it’s been messed up for example pricing is all over the map. I just purchased some items and the pricing in Canadian was actually lower than US pricing.

Indeed - and I don't know why they did that because the old site was good, the pricing was fine and with just a few exceptions (largely in the realm of rubber parts which they seem to muff), their products are of good quality and quite suitable for use, their pricing was quite OK with me, they nearly always had stock on whatever I needed and their delivery was amazing (usually less than 24 hours from my order to the box sitting on my front porch).

My 1976 XS650C "Lucille" was rebuilt, largely with XS650Direct parts including a wiring harness and handlebar switches (which were identical to the originals - except that the new ones were not a broken mess of plastic bits and corrosion) and everything is still working perfectly 5 years and more than 13,000 miles (about 21,000 km) later. Not everything they sell is perfect - but if you post a question on this forum, you will get reliable guidance.

I was out for a little boot on Lucille last week - and she is still a great bike to ride!

Pete

Back