XS750 Differential Fun

GuitarGuy1996

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I've got a 79 XS750 that I've been working on for the last year or so. I'm finally almost done with it, it's running great, fires right up, all lights and such works, fresh paint and powder coat ect....and unfortunately...that's where my problem lied. The powder coat guy got a bunch of dust from it in the differential and locked it up. Cleaned it out the best I could, freed up those bearings, and everything spins as free as it can now which is great! Problem is, I don't see any torque specs in my manual for the 10 or so nuts on the wheel side of the differential that hold it all together! The manual I got has been awesome and pretty detailed for what it is but that's one it left out. Any input on this would be great. I got the bearings seated back in place, I just don't wanna over do it with torque and mess up my bearings, or not go hard enough and have my rear end fall apart on me. Thanks guys!

It isn't really a differential, as that is only useful when you have 2 or more drive wheels. "Final drive" or similar may be a better description. As for torque values, your best source of info is a genuine Yamaha workshop manual.

Back