Y'all into NASCAR?

SINKING78

Oil, Grease, & Gas Please
Reaction score
Anyone into NASCAR? New season firing up tonight and I couldn't be happier! Who's your picks? Who's your driver? I love a good debate/shit-talk here and there:D

I could never get into NASCAR much. But spent many nights at the short track watching the local guys.
Even had a very brief time being an owner/driver, In a hobby stock 4cyl division.

I watched more Nascar tonight than I've ever watched. The first 25 laps. I can't really get into it. But, I often get mistaken for Tony Stewart by drunk people at the bar. One guy was convinced I was Tony, racing sprint cars under a fake name that weekend.

You know where the name comes from. It started down south, maybe Alabama, maybe Georgia. People would point at a car and say "At shore is a nas car air, ain't it?"" People were pointing at cars and saying "Nas car." Then they started dressing like bass tournament fishermen and the rest is history.

I am not really into NASCAR, but I do go to our local dirt track. My girlfriend and I have been season ticket holders for last several years. Havent missed more than 2 races per season, and when we do, we are at another track. Love watchin 410 sprints and outlaw late models!

xjwmx, that's some funny shit right there!

Got a couple rabid fans at work I'm going to lay that on.

Not much interested in "professional" motorsports of ANY description. It's all about cubic money, Joe Average ain't got a snowball's chance.

I recon I like it just fine.
hek ima even on the fan council.
so I gets to say whats I is thunkin about
that why there pack racing last night.
couz I didnt like 2 car racin :D
Mark Martin has been my dog in the race
I like short track racing best and I love all the hunnies lookin fine at the track :D
I go to the homested race it only 150 away from me
so if any of you have sugestions for nascar let me know and I can relay the message
as long as its rated G :laugh:

You know where the name comes from. It started
down south, maybe Alabama, maybe Georgia. People would point at a car
and say "At shore is a nas car air, ain't it?"" People were pointing at cars and saying "Nas car." Then they started dressing like bass tournament fishermen
and the rest is history.

xjwmx, that's some funny shit right there!

Yup, and I actually got that like it was second nature. lol! I guess I'm bi-lingual...
In TN and SW-VA English was a foreign language. Most of us dropped out,
but we grow up with a higher degree in racing than most of the rest of
the country. There just wasn't much else to do. If you survived teenage-hood
here you earned a trophy.

I love all kinds of racing, not just NASCAR. I'm lucky to live in an area where the
general masses can go over to the drag strip on a Thursday evening under
the lights and "run what they brung". There are always close to a hundred
cars there and a dozen or so motorcycles. It's an 1/8" or 1/4" mile shootout
just for fun, and bragging rights.

They have even let me in to shoot the old camera. I enjoy that, too.

IMG_0007-1.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

Oh... back to NASCAR... I like little E, and Gordon, neither of which had a good night last night.
Not a huge Kyle Bush fan, but the dude can drive. I'll give him that.

-R

Last edited:
I've been a Marcus Ambrose fan since the interview with Dale Earnhardts old crewchief Choclate Meyers. Meyers was grilling Ambrose about his Australian accent and the fact that the phrase "fair dinkum" seemed a bit effeminate to us red blooded americans to which Ambrose replied that it wasn't but to be careful if you are ever "down under" with the use of the term " FANNY PACK". Oh god, you could have heard a pin drop in the studio...they switched to a commercial.

I was into it back when Rusty Wallace/Davey Allison raced and it was balls out, tires left out on pit road, no speed limit, square body cars, ect. I kind lost interest after awhile though. I live 40mins from Dover. Now that's a sick track. I've been to several races there, seen several people fall down those steep ass steps too. That place is a mess during race weekend. Only place I have ever been (and I've been to some strange countries) and seen a river coming from out of a port-o-john and people still using it.

Go Fast, Turn Left and Don't Hit the Wall!!!!

I went to a Pocono Raceway race, with my son, back 25 years ago. If you think it looks fast on TV you should see it live at the racetrack. I thought it was great entertainment. Its easy to see why its popular in the USA.

Now that I think about it, I almost forgot another event I attended about 45 years ago. I was at a Nascar event at Mosport raceway which is north east of Toronto Ontario. The Nascar boys had to learn how to turn right as well because that's a road circuit. Richard Petty (the king) was in that one.

I like watching NASCAR when they race the road courses but I never really got into oval racing of any kind. I did enjoy the bit Top Gear did a couple episodes ago regarding NASCAR and Formula 1. I also probably wouldn't turn down a chance to go to a race, it would certainly be different than most weekends I spend at the track.

~ Derek

I like watching NASCAR when they race the road courses but I never really got into oval racing of any kind. I did enjoy the bit Top Gear did a couple episodes ago regarding NASCAR and Formula 1. I also probably wouldn't turn down a chance to go to a race, it would certainly be different than most weekends I spend at the track.

~ Derek

goin to a event is some good fun.
and if you like to watch the girls then your in for a real treat

Nascar is about as entertaining as watching paint dry.

Correctomundo. In the dim, distant past it was actually "stock cars". That would make it interesting again. Off the production line Camrys and Scions battling neck and neck for the lead. But nooooo. Plus they used to wreck all over the place and kill half the field and three or four people in the stands.

Agree there.

Another issue i have is speed channel just sucking Nascars dink, if i could find another motor sports channel without it i would switch in a second. They cut out alot of other great shows for NASCRAP.

Another issue i have is speed channel just sucking Nascars dink, if i could find another motor sports channel without it i would switch in a second. They cut out alot of other great shows for NASCRAP.

I use to watch speed channel years ago and they had all these great shows. Like Motorsports Mundial, vintage racing, a whole lot more motorcycles and a bunch of other great shows from around the globe. Now it seems as though they only show NASCAR, Indy and touring car series.

Seen this creepy pic yet?

creep jr.jpg

If you search "Creepy Dale Earnhardt welcomes you to Daytona" it pops up.

Back