Yamaha 650 Society 2023 Smokies Rally

I plan on attending
Yes. I recommend you just show up. @desmoman900 is out of pocket right now. It’s Shorty’s rally. He just shows up and expects you to do the same. John Chaves puts it on the Yamaha 650 Society Calendar. I’m not sure if the website is kept up, but the Facebook page is active. I’m not sure if the event is posted. I’m not likely to be in attendance this year.

I’m not likely to be in attendance this year.
You get 2 chances a year to see me and you skip 1??? :)
[/QUOTE]
:(
We have family scattered about the country and none in Mississippi. Since I'm not retired, self indulgent vacations are limited. So, I need all you guys to stay healthy so I have someone to ride with when I do retire. I don't want to carry the banner by myself.

So anyone have a line on dates? Getting to the point of putting in for time off or taking my tools with me when I go.

Yes. I recommend you just show up. @desmoman900 is out of pocket right now. It’s Shorty’s rally. He just shows up and expects you to do the same. John Chaves puts it on the Yamaha 650 Society Calendar. I’m not sure if the website is kept up, but the Facebook page is active. I’m not sure if the event is posted. I’m not likely to be in attendance this year.
I’m back in town. Yes the rally is happening September 14th-17th in Townsend TN.
The society website has been shut down andd updates will be done through here and the Society Facebook page.

2023 Great Smoky Mountains Rally
Come ride your 650 on the Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway and many more amazing roads. Event HQ at the Talley Ho Inn, 8314 State Highway 73 (off Lamar Alexander Parkway) Townsend, Tennessee, 800.448.2465 www.talleyhoinn.com. We will have a Friday ride for the early birds. Register early for a great rate.
IMG_4753.jpeg

2023 Great Smoky Mountains Rally
Come ride your 650 on the Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway and many more amazing roads. Event HQ at the Talley Ho Inn, 8314 State Highway 73 (off Lamar Alexander Parkway) Townsend, Tennessee, 800.448.2465 www.talleyhoinn.com. We will have a Friday ride for the early birds. Register early for a great rate.
View attachment 248903
Look at them twin 75's...man, I sure have the fever for one of them these days. 🥰

I’ve decided to budget the time to go this year, after I said I wasn’t going to. Either of my 650 Specials can make the journey. It’s just a matter of suffering the heat for eight hours on the open road. It will be good to go back to familiar roads and familiar faces.

I’ve decided to budget the time to go this year, after I said I wasn’t going to. Either of my 650 Specials can make the journey. It’s just a matter of suffering the heat for eight hours on the open road. It will be good to go back to familiar roads and familiar faces.
I can pick you up/drop off around Birmingham with the trailer

Back