Yamaha 650 Twin Chopper?

Leave it to some noob to start this debate every couple of weeks. Who fucking cares what you do with an old Japanese bike?

YC, That pic gave me douch chills. Like watching 80 kids shows where the hosts would try to rap.. But to each their own, not my place to complain everytime an abortio....old skool kustom is rolled out of a shop!

^ so much for cornering.

I bet you've never ridden a bike with a 240 have you? Before I had mine on the road I heard all this craziness about not being able to corner, after I got it going I was very pleasantly surprised. Also with the sportbike front end on the bike, I'm pretty sure I could outcorner you any day ;)

Now my new bike, that's another thing altogether, I actually built that thing to corner.

I bet you've never ridden a bike with a 240 have you? Before I had mine on the road I heard all this craziness about not being able to corner, after I got it going I was very pleasantly surprised. Also with the sportbike front end on the bike, I'm pretty sure I could outcorner you any day ;)

Now my new bike, that's another thing altogether, I actually built that thing to corner.

Wide tires on bikes were made for drag racing, not cornering. If your bike corners great now it would corner even better with a narrower rear tire.

Also, the bike in the picture is a hard tail and hard tails are never great for cornering as there is too much unsprung weight.

What is this? Bash a member's bike forum? prosimex you are a douche for shit talking yamaha chop's bike, and recyclebill is a douche for jumping on as well. It is one thing to make fun of bikes on the internet, but bashing members bikes is a low blow. shame on you.
Travis will be along to delete this soon, so whatever.

No worries guys, I'm used to my bikes being pretty polarizing :)

They're not for everyone and that's ok, I just think that you can find inspiration in any kind of build. Or if nothing else respect the work that went into it.

Life would be duller without custom builds, whatever your perspective and personal preference. Imagine a world where no alterations to Mr Manufacturer's vision were permitted...this forum would be somewhat less interesting

Bikes. etc., are only combinations of metal, plastic, rubber, controlled by the laws of entropy. Whatever value they have is just in our own eyes. So cut it up or restore it, keep it polished or let it rust, ride it or let it sit, just stay true to your vision, mind your own business, hope others mind theirs. In the long run we're all dead anyway, enjoy while you can.

1+ :thumbsup:

What is this? Bash a member's bike forum? prosimex you are a douche for shit talking yamaha chop's bike, and recyclebill is a douche for jumping on as well. It is one thing to make fun of bikes on the internet, but bashing members bikes is a low blow. shame on you.
Travis will be along to delete this soon, so whatever.

I think the bike in the picture is a great work of art but yamaha chop's argument that it will out handle swing arm bikes with narrower tires is pure unadulterated BS.

And the vast majority of those on this forum know I'm right.

So call it bashing if you like but I call it telling the truth.

And you Sir, are the one calling others a douche.

yamaha chop's argument that it will out handle swing arm bikes with narrower tires is pure unadulterated BS.

Never said that man, I just said that it handled better than I expected it to. My point was only that it's not like the bike becomes completely unable to turn when you put the larger rear tire on it.

Like I said my current build with the 160 rear tire and sportbike suspension front and rear is built to turn corners.

I'll tell you this though, with the hardtail it sure adds a little extra excitement as you're hustling the bike through a corner and you hit a bump mid-corner :eek:

Never said that man, I just said that it handled better than I expected it to. My point was only that it's not like the bike becomes completely unable to turn when you put the larger rear tire on it.

Like I said my current build with the 160 rear tire and sportbike suspension front and rear is built to turn corners.

I'll tell you this though, with the hardtail it sure adds a little extra excitement as you're hustling the bike through a corner and you hit a bump mid-corner :eek:

You said that your bike would out handle my bike. Since I'm riding swing arm bikes I assumed you meant you could out handle swing arm bikes.

As for that little extra excitement-- been there, done that and didn't want the t-shirt. :bike:

Were all douches!!!!!

We'll apperently I am, I was hiding behind the internet to make myself laugh. If I was to have a follow up post to my previous one I would've said "as long as you like it". I just dont care for the style.
Jamesgs4- I feel great shame. Deep deep unbearable shame.
YamahaChop- Your rear end is silly, but I couldnt do better,and props for making something you like.

At least I didnt jump on this whole thread with "fucking noob" this, and "fucking noob" that.

You know what they say about opinions. My own selfish opinion is i like what i like, thats it. But what i wont do is is downgrade somebodies personal vision of what they wanted to pour their blood and sweat into. What i will do is study every bike or "red camaro" i see to maybe walk away with a better way to do, or not do something. If everybody thought like that there would be no Indian Larry, Billy Lane, Scott Webster and so on. To limit yourself to one way of thinking narrows you into one small category with no vision of style or performance. So chew on that and bring on the faceless internet insults. Have a nice day.

Back