Yamaha Niken

wannabridin

XS650 Guru
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
2018_Yamaha_Niken_001.jpg
https://newatlas.com/2018-yamaha-ni...ail&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-dc70fe890c-91740201

Looks like there's a good chance of this actually getting produced. Would be amazing for someone with limited physical abilities that can't ride anymore and sure would beat the Spyder for fun. Hell, I'd ride it today and I have no restrictions!

If you've ever rode a leaning trike (the PIaggio MP3), it's a crazy experience that usually always makes you smile. I rode one awhile back and it sure was cool, but I'm not a fan of scooters.

What's everyone think of the Niken???

Last edited:
I just read about them before logging on here. If one can get past the fork set-up and ride it....It's definitely better than a Cam-am Spyder tricycles....

I am just not feeling it. It looks too alien to me... like i've had a few to many to drink and i'm seeing double. The CanAm Spyders look like snowmobiles for the road to me. I suppose some day i would consider a trike, but I just cannot get past the dual front wheels.

Kinda reminds me of a praying mantis. Not sure I would want to own one, but I wouldn't mind trying one. But I am going to guess it'll be closer to $15k than $10k.

It's a niche market for sure, but it beats the HELL out of the Can-Am all day long (you can actually carve and lean into corners with this!) and it offers some great upgrades to stability and confidence for a ride. Almost no worry about surprising road conditions in a turn, ABS on 3 wheels, 3 patches of rubber to grip, yada yada.

I’ll drive anything once! Why not put two wheels like that in the back as well??

Chrysler/Dodge tried this back in ‘02 or ‘03. They put a Viper motor in it and called it a Tomahawk. I think it was just a prototype though and never made it to production.

Saw this at Slimy Crud run a couple years ago.
img_3573.jpg

Set a very good time or record at the pikes peak race a few years ago was being built/prototyped in Milwaukee WI?? Site is bare bones I smell outof business. or hanging by a thread. http://www.tremoto.com/index.html
The Yamaha front end design looks awkward heavy AND expensive to me. IMHO production in that form isn't likely.

Back