Yeha another FNG

TopHat086

XS650 Member
Reaction score
New here, but not really new to the XS650. Had a bunch of XS's about 20 years ago, some good, some not so good, you know how the XS electrical gremlins are. Now I found this place and there seems to be plenty of gremlin killing knowledge here. Well thank god I saved the last 2 XSes I had and have recently dug them out for a new build. I am still in the parts collection phase, just got a 78 engine that is supposed to run. I wanted to do a hard tail chopper build, but my 6" over (forking by frank) forks seem to be missing and are presumed to have been stolen when I was broken in to, so it may be a fairly stocker for now.

Enough rambling, I am just all this knowledge is here for me to tap in to.

Oh they were caught, arrested, plead down 4 counts of felony B&E to 30 months probation and restitution, the suck thing is they have their whole 30 months of probation to pay me. Breaking in the garage was bad enough, but they broke in to the house too, and stole my M65 Harley out of the living room, which was my first motorcycle ever. Thank God the police recovered it intact within a few days.

I though when I lost my favorite XS to thieves 20 something ago it was bad, but losing the Harley for even a few days was a bit worse. I might have to post the vin of my stolen XS here (is there a place for that?) just to see if it was ever seen again. Thieves suck, motorcycle thieves should suffer unspeakable horrors the rest of their very short lives if caught.

BTW Carbon thank you for your service, my Nephew deploys to Camp Leatherneck sometime in the next few days.

Back