Yesterdays Catch

halfmile

XS Builder
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I bought this one from a ad on CL yesterday. The young man I got this from was a Top of the Line bike enthusiast and a true man of his word. He shared all the receipts for equipment and all info about his build. Guys like him and the way he conducted business are enough to restore your faith in CL. It has a Boyer Blue Box ign, Sudco Mikuni carbs, GSXR forks, Hydraulic clutch, Trail Tech gauge, Omar`s seat and other neat stuff. My initial plan was to rob the motor for my scrambler project but since the bike runs great and everything works as it should I`m rethinking that idea. I`ll probably detail it out in the next couple of days and go from there. I`m already leaning towards the "Keep and Ride" syndrome. I know I`ve said this before but when goods are exchanged for money and the deal ends with a thank you and a hand shake you`ll never do any better.

80 Tracker 008.JPG 80 Tracker 006.JPG 80 Tracker 003.JPG 80 Tracker 010.JPG 80 Tracker 004.JPG

I like the forks and the front brakes...................they add a powerful presence to the bike. But, having said that, the bike looks unfinished. Now, if it had a front fender and a colour theme, such as some gold on the tank and gold on the rear fender it might come together as a package.

This is as far as the previous owner got with the bike but I agree, black tank and seat with a bold gold accent would be cool. I have been looking on the web for just the right headlight and signals. It`s already wired for them, But I`ll try to keep it simple and stick to a small budget. Yeah Right!

mmm very nice ...
Everything looks like brand new and unused.? why do you think he built the bike with such care and attention to detail and then didn't even run it for a bit.
The front brake reservoir looks empty ? and there is no bluing on the headers to indicate its been run much.
I'd lose that horrible seat though if it were mine .

Hi halfmile,
that's a nice start. Add a front fender, a headlight, a set of turn signals and a lick of black paint on it's skinny white arse and it's good to go.

I agree. New controls, headlight and brackets, front fender, signals and handlebar switch were ordered yesterday. New exhaust system gets worked on today. Looks like my Scrambler project is on hold for a while. Much easier to finish one that is already up and running than to start from scratch on a new project.

Back