Yet another carb question

Poverty

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I was wondering if its possible to use a set of 34mm mikuni round slide carbs from a 600cc snowmoblie ??? I think they have a seperate oil intake (not sure) but I can get them for free .. what do you guys think? go for it or not waste my time ?

The oil injector port can be plugged, but the jetting will be WAY off. If you'll search, you'll find where people have bought 34's off the internet (Sporting for Less) that are jetted for 2-strokes. You will need main jets and pilots-cheap, but also needles and needle jets $$$$. Search for VM34 carbs on the board here and you can find the #'s on the range of jets you'll need.

John

You'll end up spend a bunch of money on brass and a lot of time tuning. If you've never done something like this in the past but want a set of round sides I'm going to steer you towards Mike (MMM) at 650Central.com

Think Ill pass on them .. I have a few sets of stock carbs I just wanted to get away from the vacum setup ..

Werd.. My 34's are missing parts .. so I wont be using them .. but I got 2 perfict sets of 38s guess Ill just go that route for now ..

A perfect set of 38's is always nice, 2 sets is amazing........ I have a set of snowmobile 36 round slides got em with a bunch of other parts, guy attempted to use them on an XS650 go-cart never could get it to work he went back to the stock 38's with success.

Back