You know you ride an xs when.....

When cb750 chopper owners hear how downright wicked my Xs sounds and start asking motor mount questions...

Posted via Mobile

Also confirmed a kick start by arm on the bench!! Maybe it's just my cannons tho....

What's funny to watch tho is when one of your mates asks " can I take the army bike ( a BSA M20) for a ride?" to which I replied " sure, but you have to start it"

I then proceeded to watch him try and kick it over, wearing thongs ( flip flops for those from the states), when the bike half fires and nearly snaps his leg as it flips him over the seat!!! :laugh:

Posted via Mobile

You know you ride an XS when...

You justify the minimal initial investment with your spouse (wife) that the bike is a great buy because it's so cheap but add up the all the invoices for parts that you've ordered for fixes and upgrades only to come to the conclusion that you could have purchased a new bike from a dealer.

In my case, cost of the bike ~$250. Money spent on parts=over $800. :D

No regrets though. I feel like my 650 has a soul as opposed to the current clones that dealers sell. It has character.

The day when you drive around with a tiny screwdriver in your pocket to do carb adjustments at stop lights......

when out and about on a stock-ish XS, LOTS of guys in their 50's come over and say "I used to have one of those!"

When a British bike enthusiast make the remark that Yamaha copied the BSA and you agree... then remind him that Yamaha sold over 500,000 of them and sealed the fate of the British bike industry...

..and you like your beer cold unlike the warm stuff he drank from his Lucas refrigerator.

...when you go to the local Dunkin Donuts and all the people who were looking at a new BMW suddenly flock to you, thus putting a sorrowful look on the poor guy's face. And +1 on the, "I had one years ago, cool!!".

when you can't feel your hands after a 10 min ride.

Hi folks, first post here. Wrenching a '77 650 now, cost me all of $75 and came in a few boxes. I haven't owned one for 25 years or more but can't wait to get it on the road. When I do, the SV650 is officially for sale.

LM

when you can't feel your hands after a 10 min ride.

Hi folks, first post here. Wrenching a '77 650 now, cost me all of $75 and came in a few boxes. I haven't owned one for 25 years or more but can't wait to get it on the road. When I do, the SV650 is officially for sale.

LM

hi Two_wheels, welcome to the forum!
I used to have an SV650, too. ('02 black standard) Fun bike! But I missed a lumpier engine and wasn't so much into the performance riding. Before the SV I had a more or less stock 79 XS, and except for the real high speed stuff, I feel the XS was every bit as much fun to ride "briskly".
(but the SV's are sweet bikes, too, no doubt)
So, good luck with your project!
:)

When you spend weeks scouring posts, reading carb manuals, checking cam chains, valve clearances, carb tuning, fouling plugs, only to find out you didn't use solid core spark plug wire.......

When a British bike enthusiast make the remark that Yamaha copied the BSA and you agree... then remind him that Yamaha sold over 500,000 of them and sealed the fate of the British bike industry...

..and you like your beer cold unlike the warm stuff he drank from his Lucas refrigerator.
and you'd be wrong....
http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4608
and they had help from Toyota for piston/head design Acura rings fit 650 pistons coincidence or design? yes I like warm beer keeps the borrowers from drinking your beer at parties :thumbsup:

Back