Yup I need some electric chat

a22bootleg

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Ok I need help. Im building a bobber and need a very detailed wiring diagram. I have a 81hs. I have the pamco kit from mikesxs part #14-0912. Coming out the side of my electric box.(fake oil tank) I would like to use the origanal key and ignition as on/off. I want a starter button and my high/low headlight switch. Im not using blinkers. My main consern is what components to use and how to wire them. I have a 7 wire combined regulator/rectifier. I guess i have a pick up coil. But no condenser. I have all the components that came on the bike. Hope some one can make sence of all this. Thanks

a22,

Here's one for the '80 to '83 models with a PAMCO.

wiring5.bmp

You do not need the pickup on the stator or the condensers.

Last edited:
Thanks. This looks like it should work. Just one question. What is the grey box between the alt. and rec/reg. With the green and brown wires to it.

a22,

I revised the drawing to show correct color code and wiring from a stock ignition switch. If you do not want to use the blue wire contact from the ignition switch, then just connect the blue wire to one of the fuses in the fuse block, but not the ignition fuse.

Ok...Thanks... I think I can get it with this.... Im not saying I wont be back.. But you have put me on the right track...Thanks a ton..

Back